would this be possible at all

SingleStack

would it be possible at all to get a sig wrist brace to fit over a carbine buffer tube?

The lower was originaly purchased as "other" and built as a 7.5'' pistol,

At the time seemed kinda useless so converted it to a carbine. well i finaly broke down and orderd a pistol upper

from PSA (12" with BCG and CH included) and just realy dont want to go thru the effort or cost of putting a pistoll buffer tube

on it.

So is it possible at all to modify the brace to fit on the carbine buffer tube?

or am i just being too lazy?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

based on the above phrase, 'converted to a carbine'............did you make this into a rifle with a buttstock?  if so, technically/legally you cannot make it into a pistol, according to the BATFE.  

stripped receiver -> pistol -> rifle = OK

stripped receiver -> rifle -> pistol = NOT OK

secondarily, modifying the brace at all, from what i've read, is also a no-no in order to stay legal in the AR pistol realm

I can't see it being any easier or economical to convert it to work on a carbine tube. I'd think if anything the lazy way out would be swapping your tubes. Your spring and buffer are still good to go, all you need is the new tube. legalities aside, your likely looking at more effort to do it the other way.

Nobody has been able to get a SB15 over a carbine buffer tube.

You'll have to grind tube down or just get a pistol tube. Some of the standard pistol tubes will barely go on, and will stretch out the brace to where it is unusable on any other tube, btw.

Of course the KAK ones made for the brace will also give you about 1.5" more LOP too. Two or three other similar ones being made now also. Phase 5 has one where the brace is recessed off the end some and accommodates a little plug in storage unit, etc.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Everyone says the Kak tube is the way to go, but I have been looking and really like the Phase 5 Hex-2 buffer tube. The lines just kind of blend with the SB15, was designed specifically for it.

https://phase5wsi.com/hex-2-pistol-buffer-tube-hex-2-clone.html

Notice it gets it's extra length of pull from offsetting the brace back off the end of the tube, does not fit flush with it. Can tell you that folks seem to like the way it looks in shape but give the storage thing a meh.

So you get the extra length with the KAK tube and the brace sits flush. Of course you can get even more LOP by using the KAK spacers to offset the brace with it also if you like, and will been even longer LOP than the HEX.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Either tube length is sufficient for me, storage doesn't really matter either. I just like the hex look, stands out a bit more.

The pistol I shot the other week was the actual factory Sig pistol with brace, whatever tube they use the owner had the brace pulled about an inch off so it wasn't flush - said the tube can beat you up unless the brace is kept pulled back.