Correct Fore Arm for Early Contender 21" Barrel

As Ray Stevens would say, "It's me again Margaret"! And, I'm back with more questions! I have an early TC Contender frame that I want to put a butt stock and 21" stainless tapered TC barrel on. I do not have a butt-stock, nor a forearm coming with this barrel. I do have four other barrels, and at least a couple of different fore arms to fit those barrels.

My question is...will any of the forearms from the shorter pistol barrels (10" and 14") fir the 21" rifle barrel? I guess my frame is about all I'll be able to use on this 21" stainless tapered barrel, if they wont. I've also been told that the G2 Contender buttstocks wont fit my early model Contender.

Would some of you Contender gurus tell me what it's going to take to use this 21" rifle barrel on my first generation Contender, please? Also, does the 21" barrels have one or two screws? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the forearms on your current barrels should fit rifle barrel. The screw spacing is a little longer than a 14" barrel. The rifle barrels have two screws.

G2 butt stocks will NOT fit the early Contenders.

The barrel fits, and locks up nice and tight on my early Contender. I haven't found a buttstock yet, but measured the screw holes for the forearm, and you're right. Any idea where I should look for a reasonably priced buttstock and forearm, Dolomite? Some I've seen online are pretty pricey! Also, one of the forearm anchor nuts are missing from the dovetail. Does anyone carry rhese in the middle Tenn. area, that you know of? I did find them online, and can order one of them. Looks like they just tap into the dove tail. Are they all the same size and same thread pitch? Thanks.

Here are some of the dovetail barrel locks:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THOMPSON-CENTER-CONTENDER-FOREND-DOVETAIL-BARREL-LOCKS-BLUE-/261553838109?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce5d2d81d

They are all the same from what I have seen.

As far as where to buy other Contender parts there are a few places.

http://www.encoreclassifieds.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=10&

http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/7946077864

And then Ebay.

Thanks Dolomite & R1100R...the Boyd's stock is more reasonably priced, but I'm hoping to be able to find a used one cheaper locally. From what I've read, and heard, the G2 stock will not fit the earlier model. I'm not trying to put together a show gun...I'm trying to put together a "hunting" gun. With lots of people moving on up to the later models, you'd think there would be some of these stocks around. If the price was right, I'd even consider buying the frame with the buttstock. I'm just trying to put together a Contender carbine, with a 21" standard (not bull), stainless, .22 Hornet barrel for some varmint hunting.