did a little upgrading to the 300blk so help me decide

I had a hogue rail in the begining as I couldnt afford the keymod I wanted to went the hogue route, then I saw this rail on FT Campbell yard sail, so i picked it upand of course it was the standard black, I did several coats of paint including several coats of matt clear coating let me know what yall think and if i should do the upper and lower. now I hope I can upload photos be back shortly with the photos.  http://ronald_padilla.86371.photobucket.com and should I paint the upper and lower yes no let me know.

Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

huweee, that was a tough one, havent done that much puter work to get a photo posted in years, forgot how to gitter done, but I gotter now so let me know what you fellers think and if I should do the upper and lower, cant believe how long it took, it was a about a day and a half.  There are several coats of paint if i didnt mention that and then a few coats of matt clear coat to protect it.  Thanks in advance for all input.

Nice! How do you like that grip? Angle looks considerably different?

And yes to spraying the rest. The time you put into it definitely shows!

I think the grip angle looks so different because the picture is,,, "squished". Look at the ejection port and mag well, almost looks like they're for a pistol cal. I assume i'm not just seeing things, Ron Padilla? 

I'd say definitely go ahead and paint the whole thing. Mines painted from end to end, only thing I taped off was the glass on the red dot. Of course I've changed out a handful of components since then so I really need to run back over it.

Ya the photo is sqwished if you click on it, it will open up and then you can see the actual image proportions, as for how I did it, it was much like of the other members here did his.  We were at 1st going to find some paterns that had already been created, but then dicided to go out and cut some pieces off of the bushes out front to use to creat the line and seperation between the firn stems.  we didnot use new ones we kept usig the same piece during the entire paint job.  The other thing that we discovered was that you just want to give a very lite spritzing of the paint or you have to much paint and penatrate the leafes and stem to much.  we just kept doing that all over till we got the effect we liked, we did start by sprying on a heavy base coat of the light tan or sand color. all of the colors we used were black,dark green, sand stone and a matt clear coat finish, the matt clear coat, had several coats applied to ensure it would protect the finish, we would also use a hair dryer between each coat of what ever color to help dry it and hopefuly back it on a little better again hoping that it will help adhear and not chip or peal.  if it does we will just reshot it.  As for what paint i used, I looked several times and the lowes near us and did not see any camo paint, then I looked at walmart of all places and found it there, it is rust oleum camo paint, the clear coat is krylon matt clear coat.  I will probably do the upper and lower but after going at what is there now for a day and a half it will probably be a few days before I get that done, as when we were do the 300blk we also did a streamlight and that added to the time and I got kinda burnt out.  Thanks for the feed back and sorry for not answering right away for some reason I am not getting the emails that there has been a response