Opinions from owners needed

Links2k

I'm about to purchase two more Glocks. The first will be a G42, but I'm not settled on the second at the moment. I'm considering a Gen4 G21 or the new G41. The G42 will be used as a pocket pistol and the .45 will be my new bedside/range pistol. I've owned a couple of G21 SF pistols, so I know that they are great shooters. I've seen some very good deals on Gen4 G21s online, but before I make a decision I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the G41 and what you think of it.

I'm also in the market for another pocket holster. I currently own a Desantis Superfly. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your input and your time. Edited by LINKS2K
Purely personal tastes, but I held the Gen 4 G21 and the G41 this week. For me, it's the G41.

It feels better and balances better for me. And I love the long sight radius with the longer frame and barrel.

All I would want to do is lighten the trigger a little and put some better sights on it.

JMO

PS....again my opinion only; but I didn't care for the G42. Even if it is the "Glock" feel that I like, it's just way too big for my taste in a 380, and the trigger is awful. Edited by hipower
Thanks hipower. I sort of figured that the longer sight radius on the 41 would make an already accurate shooter that much better. My gen3s were very accurate. Regardless which .45 I choose, I'm going to install Truglo TFOs on it. The Truglos are my favorite sights for Glocks.

I have the Gen 4 21. It's been a great gun. I've only put maybe 300 rounds down range so far but I've had zero errors. I like it a lot but I've considered selling it because it's just so damn big. For me, it's just not practical for anything other than home defense and maybe an open carry woods gun. It's a beast.

The 41 doesn't excite me. It's the 21 frame with a thinner but longer slide. Most folks have said it has more recoil than the 21. 

If you only want the full size gun for home defense/range fun then I'm sure you'll be happy with either one. 

• Like 1

Thanks hipower. I sort of figured that the longer sight radius on the 41 would make an already accurate shooter that much better. My gen3s were very accurate. Regardless which .45 I choose, I'm going to install Truglo TFOs on it. The Truglos are my favorite sights for Glocks.

We agree on the TFO sights. I'm having some put on my RIA 9, and will probably put them on the next 2 Glocks as well.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm about to purchase two more Glocks. The first will be a G42, but I'm not settled on the second at the moment. I'm considering a Gen4 G21 or the new G41. The G42 will be used as a pocket pistol and the .45 will be my new bedside/range pistol. I've owned a couple of G21 SF pistols, so I know that they are great shooters. I've seen some very good deals on Gen4 G21s online, but before I make a decision I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with the G41 and what you think of it.

I'm also in the market for another pocket holster. I currently own a Desantis Superfly. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your input and your time.

As far as pocket holsters go, I've heard good things about Alabama Holster Company.  I've ordered a pocket holster from them for my XDs 45, and it should be shipped soon.  I'll know more when it gets here.  One downside to them -- they have a pretty long turn around time.  But from everything I've read, if you like kydex holsters, they're product is very good.

I have fondled a G41 at GT's and I will own one someday.

As far as pocket holsters I have always liked a modified Glock Sport Combat holster. I need to pick up a large one for my Shield. Other than hat I have really only used the Uncle Mikes size 3 pocket holster for various pocket guns. I had a custom molded j frame holster and I did not like it.

A buddy of mine has a 41 with TFOs. I've shot it a lot and like shooting it as much as my 34. Sight picture is great and it's very accurate. I'll probably end up getting one before long.

Since Erik88 brought it up; how did you find the recoil on the 41? Have you shot a 21 to give it a comparison?

Since Erik88 brought it up; how did you find the recoil on the 41? Have you shot a 21 to give it a comparison?

It's been a while since I've shot a 21 so I really can't give a fair comparison between the two. I don't think the recoil is bad at all. To me, I didn't notice much more recoil than I do with a 1911.

It's been a while since I've shot a 21 so I really can't give a fair comparison between the two. I don't think the recoil is bad at all. To me, I didn't notice much more recoil than I do with a 1911.

Thanks.

Just curious. I've never shot the 21, just the 30 and 36. I didn't find those unmanageable or uncomfortable. So when I see comments about the recoil being greater than the 21, I have to question it.

Guess I'll find out in a few months as I've asked a lgs to get a 41 for me. Edited by hipower
The 21 recoil is impressive! The first time I shot mine I was actually shocked how balanced it was, the 23 kicks quite a bit more. I picked up the 21 to see if it'd replace my XD, the only gripe I have with the 21 is the grip thickness, it's larger than the XD.

The 21 recoil is impressive! The first time I shot mine I was actually shocked how balanced it was, the 23 kicks quite a bit more. I picked up the 21 to see if it'd replace my XD, the only gripe I have with the 21 is the grip thickness, it's larger than the XD.

The 21 was nice recoil-wise. It's just a big handful.

• Like 1

If I had to choose between a G21, XD45, or a M&P45 I would have a hard not considering the M&P or eve the XD. I have a G20 only because I wanted something cheap and reliable in 10mm. The 20/21/41/30/29 are rediculously fat. Because they are fat and heavy recoil on all of them is very mild.

I think it is funny that people are surprised when a G23 recoils more than a similar sized 45. The 40s&w round is almost 357 mag pressure levels so it will have more recoil.