TWD Season 5

best line of the series so far was while they discussed Eugene's hair he referred to it as a Tennessee Top Hat.  i cracked up.   Eugene is straight up a rip off of the Kenny Powers character in East Bound and Down.  I love the comic relief he provided.  I wonder how scrambled his eggs are after face planting on the asphalt.

And what did it say on the apron to the firehouse after Eugene used his water gun on the walkers?

That cracked be up as well.

Just watched it this morning and I agree with you guys.

"Tennessee Tophat" was a great line.

I thought Eugene was going to turn out to have been a janitor who worked around scientists.  The way he talked, I wonder if he might have legitimate ideas but no experience in actual research.

I predict that the next time we see Eugene conscious, he will eventually have some brilliant idea or plan that we will save them and make him useful again.  There was a character in Lucifer's Hammer that was Eugene-like.  He was an overweight scientist that made himself useful by studying the skills one would need after the world collapses, like harvesting insulin from sheep and making chemical weapons from available products.

Also, I assume that the next time we see Rick's group, the smoke from the bus will be in the background, or otherwise mentioned, like they did last season with the house that Daryl and Beth torched. 

Merle wasn't in the comic books, a different character lost the hand in the comic books, in the show, Merle lost his hand.

[spoiler] Rick lost his hand in the comic books, the Governor cut it off. [/spoiler]

I did not know that. I've never read any of the comics. Is Rick any more likable in them?

I don't know, I read a little of them, but mostly 'compared' the stories through online sources in the early seasons. I now take the show fresh, as it is more fun that trying to determine who is who since names and certain plotlines have changed.

They are two separate stories with similar characters and similar situations.

• Like 1

I read the comics up to a point.  I can definitely say that Hershel's death would have been even more shocking if I hadn't read the comics.  As soon as I saw him on his knees, I knew what was coming, and guessed correctly that it wouldn't be a swift death.

Yep, sort of two different stories with similar plots and characters is the way I look at it too.

Just FYI, I heard a rumor that the original script was almost identical to the comics.  Then it was rewritten.  Here are some scenes from the original script.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

Edit:  Not funny?   Sorry about that.  I thought that video was hilarious.

I like most of those Bad Lip Reading videos.  I have a warped sense of humor.

Edited by Clod Stomper

I just got done watching last week's episode and I like how Abraham used a water monitor to spray the walkers from the top of that engine with the motor not even running or a water pump or anything.

Eugene.

Yeah, several folks got that right off. No worse than some of the other technical fails, especially with firearms. They take such care with script and stunt preps but fail to simply run some of the stuff by actual experts in the field.

- OS

• Like 1

I just got done watching last week's episode and I like how Abraham used a water monitor to spray the walkers from the top of that engine with the motor not even running or a water pump or anything.

And of course the fact that the truck started after not running for how many years now? 

• Like 1

And of course the fact that the truck started after not running for how many years now?

I did think that maybe it had been used somewhat recently. It was backed against the door to hold those walkers in. But "guts" clogging the breather was a stretch for me lol. When it started up it did sound good for the 10 seconds that it ran but just suddenly became clogged. It would have been choked and dumped with fuel an flooded. I ain't bitchin' but I do find some of the small stuff funny. It would be awesome to just be a consultant on set to just catch all the little stuff that just a common guy like me can find but it does give me a chuckle through out the show.