TWD Season 5

They're raiding the shopping mall construction site for materials. They're extending the wall to encircle a larger area in preparation for finding more people to live in Rickville.

As inept as the construction crew was at taking care of that small batch of Z's and as bad as the two with Glenn tripped out in the warehouse, I don't know how they've survived this long.

What threw me was that I thought the construction guy who advanced first said he was going to kill Abraham. something like "he's dead and I'm going to make sure he stays that way". Maybe he just meant he thought Abraham was dead and he was going to shoot his corpse in the head to prevent the big red zombie machine from coming after them. Sounded more sinister than that, but former crew boss never said anything about that when he resigned to Deena.

Otis someone and RUN!!! that's how.

They're raiding the shopping mall construction site for materials. They're extending the wall to encircle a larger area in preparation for finding more people to live in Rickville.

As inept as the construction crew was at taking care of that small batch of Z's and as bad as the two with Glenn tripped out in the warehouse, I don't know how they've survived this long.

What threw me was that I thought the construction guy who advanced first said he was going to kill Abraham. something like "he's dead and I'm going to make sure he stays that way". Maybe he just meant he thought Abraham was dead and he was going to shoot his corpse in the head to prevent the big red zombie machine from coming after them. Sounded more sinister than that, but former crew boss never said anything about that when he resigned to Deena.

You missed the word not between "he's" and "dead".  He said he's not dead and he was moving forward to help him.  I think the sheer fact that they had never seen someone take on a few zombies and live impressed the devil out of them.

They are all starting to see that these people can keep them alive even if they are at a disadvantage. 

OK. That's much better. I'll go back and rewatch that scene. Other than Nicholas (The swift hammer of Glenn Justice coming soon), Aidan-I-shoot-grenades, and Pete, everyone else in the town seems to be on the up and up, just clueless.

The problem with any of them killing Pete is that he's the town doctor. He'll have to be the one to save Tara next week, making Rick/Carol realize his value to the town.

I predict that Nicholas, on the other hand, will be tried, judged, and summarily executed.

Maybe banished just because it as Deanna's son.....but it's what they do. You've seen examples all along. They won't kill him for running away....it's what they do.

Good point. That would give a clean story line about how the wolves find ASZ. They find Nicholas on the roadway somewhere and he tells them about it, thinking that the tough guys in the Wolfpack will be able to take it over, completely underestimating the superior toughness of Rick & Co.

I will go on record as saying, Glenn is probably THE baddest guy here overall.  No, he's not as viscious as Rick or as possum savvy as Daryl BUT, the numbers speak for themselves.  

He's the one they send in when they're pretty sure no one else will survive.  

He's the guy that figures out technical/mechanical things and up until the arrival of Eugene, had the highest IQ by a large margin.

He's the one who scored himself a strong and faithful lady.

He's the one smart enough to wear ARMOR!!

AND, they talked about this on the Talking Dead...up until this last episode, Glenn has never lost a man/woman on his watch.  Noah was the first person he wasn't able to save who died in his immediate vicinity.  

Glenn is the balance needed to survive in ANY situation the Walkers/World present.  Tough when he needs to be.  Cunning as all hell.  With just enough compassion to keep him from going full on Rick sociopath.  

ME and the wife are die hard Daryl fans but if this were the REAL world, I'd take a Glenn any day in my group.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 3

I will go on record as saying, Glenn is probably THE baddest guy here overall.  No, he's not as viscious as Rick or as possum savvy as Daryl BUT, the numbers speak for themselves.  

He's the one they send in when they're pretty sure no one else will survive.  

He's the guy that figures out technical/mechanical things and up until the arrival of Eugene, had the highest IQ by a large margin.

He's the one who scored himself a strong and faithful lady.

He's the one smart enough to wear ARMOR!!

AND, they talked about this on the Talking Dead...up until this last episode, Glenn has never lost a man/woman on his watch.  Noah was the first person he wasn't able to save who died in his immediate vicinity.  

Glenn is the balance needed to survive in ANY situation the Walkers/World present.  Tough when he needs to be.  Cunning as all hell.  With just enough compassion to keep him from going full on Rick sociopath.  

ME and the wife are die hard Daryl fans but if this were the REAL world, I'd take a Glenn any day in my group.

All the above is true.......but he's no Carol!

This thread is way more entertaining than the WD and gives excellent insight into the tribe's mindset here.

I happen to like our tribe and that mindset. :squint:

Interesting. Would make for a very good story.

The Walking Dead.....starring......all the participants of this thread.
  • Like 4

Anyone read Watership Down?  The animated movie was good, but not as good as the book.  For those of you who don't know, the story follows a group of rabbits who have to leave their home shortly before it is destroyed, and then they wander the countryside looking for a new home.  Along the way, they encounter different rabbit groups that reflect different ways that humans have governed themselves.

Their original group had a definite hierarchy, with a police force and a chief, but they were relatively free.  The last group they meet is intensely controlled by a militaristic dictator rabbit, with very little freedom.  In between, they meet a warren of fat, happy rabbits who have a man-made, spacious warren free from predators (called The Warren of the Snares).  Except the rabbits don't talk about the ones who go missing; they just accept that anyone of them might die one day and they don't dwell on it.  (A farmer was providing food for the rabbits and trapping them every now and then).  If the Governor is analogous to General Woundwort, the dictator rabbit, then the Alexandria Safe-Zone may be the Warren of the Snares.  They all are happy and their comforts are provided for, but when someone gets taken by Walkers, they seem like, "Oh, well.  That's life."  

I'm not actually saying that The Walking Dead is using Watership Down as source material, but there are some similarities.  That is the type of  literature analysis that I would come up with for my high school and college English classes.  It always sounded like BS to me, but I could string together stuff in a way that made really good BS, or at least the teachers believed it.

• Like 4

I don't post much in this thread but I will say this....you know you are really hooked on a show when you spend 45 minutes reading posts from people you don't know on a message board about the show AND genuinely interested in the comments.

• Like 4

Anyone read Watership Down?  The animated movie was good, but not as good as the book.  For those of you who don't know, the story follows a group of rabbits who have to leave their home shortly before it is destroyed, and then they wander the countryside looking for a new home.  Along the way, they encounter different rabbit groups that reflect different ways that humans have governed themselves.

Their original group had a definite hierarchy, with a police force and a chief, but they were relatively free.  The last group they meet is intensely controlled by a militaristic dictator rabbit, with very little freedom.  In between, they meet a warren of fat, happy rabbits who have a man-made, spacious warren free from predators (called The Warren of the Snares).  Except the rabbits don't talk about the ones who go missing; they just accept that anyone of them might die one day and they don't dwell on it.  (A farmer was providing food for the rabbits and trapping them every now and then).  If the Governor is analogous to General Woundwort, the dictator rabbit, then the Alexandria Safe-Zone may be the Warren of the Snares.  They all are happy and their comforts are provided for, but when someone gets taken by Walkers, they seem like, "Oh, well.  That's life."  

I'm not actually saying that The Walking Dead is using Watership Down as source material, but there are some similarities.  That is the type of  literature analysis that I would come up with for my high school and college English classes.  It always sounded like BS to me, but I could string together stuff in a way that made really good BS, or at least the teachers believed it.

Good book but pretty violent for a kids book.  Not sure if it is technically a kids book but thats when I read it.

Good book but pretty violent for a kids book.  Not sure if it is technically a kids book but thats when I read it.

Apparently it is derived from stories the author told his children on car rides.  I think I first read it in 5th grade, and then again for my Honors English class.  I have  always wanted to name a pet rabbit "General Woundwort" but never had the chance.  The rabbit that I have now fits his personality but already has a name, and she is female.

This thread is way more entertaining than the WD and gives excellent insight into the tribe's mindset here.

I happen to like our tribe and that mindset. :squint:

Interesting! Now me and Jimmy will have someone else to talk about TWD with at matches!

• Like 1

I don't post much in this thread but I will say this....you know you are really hooked on a show when you spend 45 minutes reading posts from people you don't know on a message board about the show AND genuinely interested in the comments.

And you know when you are really hooked when you spend Monday and Tuesday arguing with people on the internet who obviously don't "watch" the show and get stuff wrong.

• Like 2