TWD Season 5

I think this is an editorial error and a plot continuation.  It looked like she took the whole chocolate piece the first time, then again the second time.  Anyone thinking tactically like her would not endanger the mission by taking anything but what they came for, especially when they made it a point to bring up the box of guns they would not notice; I think the writers got lazy.

Oh, so shows she double dipped into the chocolate stash? I missed that.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

They specifically show her getting more chocolate, which appeared to be individually wrapped for storage purposes.  She gets it before getting the guns.  I'm thinking they are going to discover her with the chocolate, or confront her when they take inventory.  It might be the start of the unraveling of their pleasant social structure, and may test Rick's resolve about just taking it if their hosts can't keep it.

I'm waiting for the point when Rick says, "Screw this.  We're keeping our guns.  If you want us to protect you, then deal with it."  I think the acquisition of the guns is in preparation for that.  

Did anyone think it was weird that twice Rick goes for the snubby in the small of his back when he clearly has the Python on his hip?  Once when he is eyeing that guy who protectively puts his hand on his wife, and the second time when he hears the Walker.  I'm pretty sure he did not head to the armory to turn in the Python, I could see the shine on his hip.  Even if he was out of .357, it would still make more sense to use .38 in the Python, right?

Ok...so have I missed something? Is there any significance to the A stamp? Seemed rather pronounced that the kid mentioned Rick not being stamped yet.

Bet it has to do with the M marked on the walker, maybe a way to mark the two groups?

Bet it has to do with the M marked on the walker, maybe a way to mark the two groups?

I thought it was a "W" from the Wolves, but maybe I was seeing it upside down.  I think the A was just some weak symbolism of joining the group, but it is a superficial symbol, easily washed away.  That walker on the other hand--he was committed.  

I thought it was a "W" from the Wolves, but maybe I was seeing it upside down.

Well, I believe it was Daryl who thought it was a W also, since he asked right after they killed it. :)

Looks like a Dubya to moi too. ;)

screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-12-05-am-5-

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

They specifically show her getting more chocolate, which appeared to be individually wrapped for storage purposes.  She gets it before getting the guns. ..

I saw that, I just didn't remember her getting any the first time when Plump said she could use the allotted amount, so thought she was just getting around to it, maybe a good cover reason for being in there.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I am pretty sure the chocolate is what is going to get Carol busted. The inventory control clerk even told her how tightly rationed the chocolate was.

However, it is possible that the reason Carol stole the chocolate was her 'cover' if she gets busted for being in there. "Oh, I got the chocolate for more cookies/I wanted it I am so sorry, it will never happen again." However, I don't think that was the reason she did it.

Yeah, I think Carol got the chocolate as a cover story. She went for it first. In case she got caught, she had her story of why she was in the room. The threat to the kid was genius too. It was so over the top, nobody would believe the kid even if he did tell someone. If confronted about the kid, she can just confess about the chocolate and say he was mistaken / lying, or she could even blame the chocolate theft on the kid and turn it around onto him.

I thought it was a "W" from the Wolves, but maybe I was seeing it upside down.  I think the A was just some weak symbolism of joining the group, but it is a superficial symbol, easily washed away.  That walker on the other hand--he was committed.  

Ha, yea I meant to type "W" don't know why I typed "M".  I think the stamp is a bit too big not to be part of the plot line, they wanted it front and center; Even showed it later after Rick had changed clothes.

Anyone else think that the little bit of stolen chocolate is going to cause Carol more trouble than the guns?  I have a feeling the guns weren't even inventoried, but the food is strictly controlled.  May put Rick in an awkward position if he is expected to enforce a punishment on Carol.

Yes and no.  I do not believe Carol is even remotely this stupid.  I believe the chocolate is her "getting caught contingency"  If she is ever accused, say the little boy comes forward.....she can admit to taking the chocolate and act remorseful while freely accepting punishment.  This would take the focus off the guns and with a little luck, put the matter to rest.  

It's what I would have done.  Lesser crimes often cover up larger ones.  

Edited by Caster

I think the stamp is just a stamp. A kid's way of saying "you belong here". It wasn't present on the townspeople until the party, so I don't see it as anything else. The W on the other hand is clearly the wolf mark.

The chocolate was for use as a cover story in case anyone saw her entering or leaving. She definitely didn't expect the kid to follow her. I loved her monologue. Carol is far and away the most dangerous one in the group.

Aaron talking about Buttons was not an analogy of Alexandria. It was about Darryl. He said buttons always ran, when all Aaron wanted to do was bring him in to a place that was safe with people who would help him, but Buttons couldn't understand that and kept running. Now he's walker food. That's how Aaron feels about Darryl. He needs to come in and stop running or he'll end up like Buttons.

I agree that the motorcycle parts stocking was to make it into a hobby to pass the time, but that still doesn't explain why Aaron somehow got Dale-itis and drives around in that POS RV. Seriously....is there no RV Super Center anywhere near these people? Armor up a Prevost and hit the road.

Stripes_664a.jpg

Monkeylizard hits on something that I REALLY hate about this show.

Most of the world is dead or undead right?

You mean to tell me they can't find clean clothes, decent equipment, maybe not ammo or food, I understand that....but come on!  House after empty house and you're wear NASTY clothes?????

I swear to God I would have something in common with Paris Hilton in the zombie apocalypse....I would NEVER EVER wear the same clothes more than 24 hrs.  Hell, I'd wear clean blouse and a skirt before I would wear what I see Rick roaming about in.  Not like there's a lot of people to laugh at you.   Blood, sweat & ....other stuff.....I can't stand to be dirty when there's no need to be.   Cleanliness would be of the UTMOST importance here as it relates to your health.  

AND, yes, WHY are they not in a 1.5 million dollar super RV????  Like an Actionmobil????

http://actionmobil.com/en/4-axle/desert-challenger

Edited by Caster

Ok...so have I missed something? Is there any significance to the A stamp? Seemed rather pronounced that the kid mentioned Rick not being stamped yet.

I figured the A stamp was the kids way of marking Alexandria people or at least making Rick feel part of Alexandria.

I think the stamp is just a stamp. A kid's way of saying "you belong here". It wasn't present on the townspeople until the party, so I don't see it as anything else. The W on the other hand is clearly the wolf mark.

The chocolate was for use as a cover story in case anyone saw her entering or leaving. She definitely didn't expect the kid to follow her. I loved her monologue. Carol is far and away the most dangerous one in the group.

Aaron talking about Buttons was not an analogy of Alexandria. It was about Darryl. He said buttons always ran, when all Aaron wanted to do was bring him in to a place that was safe with people who would help him, but Buttons couldn't understand that and kept running. Now he's walker food. That's how Aaron feels about Darryl. He needs to come in and stop running or he'll end up like Buttons.

I agree that the motorcycle parts stocking was to make it into a hobby to pass the time, but that still doesn't explain why Aaron somehow got Dale-itis and drives around in that POS RV. Seriously....is there no RV Super Center anywhere near these people? Armor up a Prevost and hit the road.

Stripes_664a.jpg

Monkeylizard hits on something that I REALLY hate about this show.

Most of the world is dead or undead right?

You mean to tell me they can't find clean clothes, decent equipment, maybe not ammo or food, I understand that....but come on!  House after empty house and you're wear NASTY clothes?????

I swear to God I would have something in common with Paris Hilton in the zombie apocalypse....I would NEVER EVER wear the same clothes more than 24 hrs.  Hell, I'd wear clean blouse and a skirt before I would wear what I see Rick roaming about in.  Not like there's a lot of people to laugh at you.   Blood, sweat & ....other stuff.....I can't stand to be dirty when there's no need to be.   Cleanliness would be of the UTMOST importance here as it relates to your health.  

AND, yes, WHY are they not in a 1.5 million dollar super RV????  Like an Actionmobil????

http://actionmobil.com/en/4-axle/desert-challenger

You guys raise the questions that have plagued this show since day one.

The characters act as if there's nothing left in the world but a few worn out scraps of civilization and material. It's the most irritating thing about the show for me.

I figured the A stamp was the kids way of marking Alexandria people or at least making Rick feel part of Alexandria.

Probably right...but just stood out to me. And with my devious and skeptical frame of mind; I just can't take anything at face value.

It seems that about everything on this show is interrelated and has some hidden meaning of a sort.

You heard it here first, folks. In the zombie apolcalypse, Caster is instituting Tuxedo Tuesdays. :D

As for the RV, I can get why they don't have some super cool ride like that Actionmobil. Those are rare and not the kind of thing you'd find just sitting on a lot in a small town, or even in Atlanta's suburbs, but come on. It has been a year and a half (maybe 2?) since the outbreak. surely they could have found a Prevost or something. Heck, get in one of those abandoned big rigs, armor it, and retrofit a 53' trailer. Plenty of those abandoned auto shops have torches and tanks to start the welding. It may not be fancy, but it can roll on through a lot of herds with a nice plow on the front. Mount some .50's from those Hummers at the CDC area on top of the cab and trailer and call it a day.

Why stop at 1? They roll up on a group of bad guys, with 3 armored and armed large vehicles, it's over without a fight.

The possibilities of what you can do to armor and arm something like that are incredible. My post-apocalypse ride's going to look like James Bond and Mad Max had a crazy, albeit regrettable, night in Vegas.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

Probably right...but just stood out to me. And with my devious and skeptical frame of mind; I just can't take anything at face value.

It seems that about everything on this show is interrelated and has some hidden meaning of a sort.

I agree. I think the stamp is relevant but it may not be directly relevant but more of a reflection of other parts of the story (relating to the "W").

On second thoughts, lets go more literal: The Zombies with the W are clearly meant to represent Republicans, (D*mn left-wing-pinko show producers) and the A clearly marks Rick as an anarchist who will smash the system which is the smoothly operating Communist Regime that is Alexandria (As previously eluded to in a throwaway comment by Madame President). The A is missing its exterior circle which is instead provided by the encircling metal wall (which is also a reference to the iron curtain). "Button" the horse is symbolic of the buttons of the two nuclear super-powers which would have unleashed nuclear Armageddon if pushed.

Or not. Dunno.

I figure part of the explanation for the old clothes was after they started walking on foot, they didn't waste weight in their packs on extra clothes.  Doesn't explain it while they still had vehicles, though.  Maybe, in their unseen efforts to look for food in empty houses, they decided that looking in closets was just too dangerous.  Remember how many walkers they have found just hanging out behind closed doors?  Maybe after a while, you would stop looking for less essential things (i.e., only open that door if there is a good chance of food, ammo, or water being behind it).  Weak explanation, but it is all I have for now.

Also, I think Father Gabriel was absent again.  The logical explanation is that he has guest star status, and thus is not paid when not there.  They could at least have a throw away line that he was at some other house ministering to the needs of their new friends.  Of all of Rick's group, he seems like the one who be most happy to get back to civilization of sorts.  If anything, he should be around to counsel Sasha.

Edited by dawgdoc

I figure part of the explanation for the old clothes was after they started walking on foot, they didn't waste weight in their packs on extra clothes. Doesn't explain it while they still had vehicles, though. Maybe, in their unseen efforts to look for food in empty houses, they decided that looking in closets was just too dangerous. Remember how many walkers they have found just hanging out behind closed doors? Maybe after a while, you would stop looking for less essential things (i.e., only open that door if there is a good chance of food, ammo, or water being behind it). Weak explanation, but it is all I have for now.

Also, I think Father Gabriel was absent again. The logical explanation is that he has guest star status, and thus is not paid when not there. They could at least have a throw away line that he was at some other house ministering to the needs of their new friends. Of all of Rick's group, he seems like the one who be most happy to get back to civilization of sorts. If anything, he should be around to counsel Sasha.

Since everyone is out of the closet in Alexandria, its safe to look for new duds
  • Like 1

I agree. I think the stamp is relevant but it may not be directly relevant but more of a reflection of other parts of the story (relating to the "W").

On second thoughts, lets go more literal: The Zombies with the W are clearly meant to represent Republicans, (D*mn left-wing-pinko show producers) and the A clearly marks Rick as an anarchist who will smash the system which is the smoothly operating Communist Regime that is Alexandria (As previously eluded to in a throwaway comment by Madame President). The A is missing its exterior circle which is instead provided by the encircling metal wall (which is also a reference to the iron curtain). "Button" the horse is symbolic of the buttons of the two nuclear super-powers which would have unleashed nuclear Armageddon if pushed.

Or not. Dunno.

I think you just out-Farrakhan'ed Louis Farrakhan. :clap:

Oops. Almost forgot.

Cookies! http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2015/03/bake-your-own-batch-of-carols-cookies-with-this-recipe/ Edited by Clod Stomper

Also, I think Father Gabriel was absent again.  The logical explanation is that he has guest star status, and thus is not paid when not there.  They could at least have a throw away line that he was at some other house ministering to the needs of their new friends.  Of all of Rick's group, he seems like the one who be most happy to get back to civilization of sorts.  If anything, he should be around to counsel Sasha.

Gabriel has no high ground anymore.  They are on to his past tricks.  I assume he got a new collar in Alexandria, previews for next week showed him with one.  There are several of the group that don't get regular facetime.  Eugene too.  

I still want to see how the Alexandrians are going to vote anyone of the group off the island.