17 High-End Guitars Stolen From Springfield

I know we have several musicians and pickers around here, so I thought I'd share this story.

Click the link for pictures.

17 High-End Guitars Stolen From Springfield Home

Thousands of dollars worth of high-end guitars were taken in a Springfield residential home burglary last week. The home is located on Hwy 76 East. The resident lost 17 high end guitars including names like Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Paul Reed Smith and BC rich. In addition to the guitars an iMac 22″ and a 1998 Kawasaki KX250 also pictured below were taken.

The guitars were stored in a garage and may have been missing for a day or two before the owner discovered they were gone but for the owner the loss of the guitars is heartbreaking.  If you have -ever known a musician you know that a good instrument all-dialed-in is almost impossible to replace.

The Robertson County Sheriff’s Department is diligently searching for suspects. This will likely be the largest guitar heist in Robertson County history, according to the owner of Springfield GuitarsMarlin Rood. Rood says that it is not uncommon for people to offer him stolen guitars, “It’s no big deal, I just calmly walk over, lock the doors and call the cops,” Rood said, and yes, that’s with the would-be salesman inside his store.

The goal of this report is to let citizens know that the guitars, bike and computer are likely moving on the street. If you see any of these items or if you have any information on this burglary please contact the Robertson County Sheriff’s Department at 615-384-7971

• Like 1

Man that sucks. I hope they catch the SOB before he has a chance to offload them.

For a tenth of what they're worth since the thief probably doesn't know (or care) what they really are. Just quick drug money. Hope the scumbag gets caught quickly and the owner gets their stuff back!

Springfield is rampant with thieves. I hate a thief. I hipe they recover these! Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

yeah no kidding, my inlaws have been trying to get me to apply for jobs there and i refuse to, cause i just dont like the area cause of stuff like this