Keep getting the SAME survey spammer calling my phone!

Since the 'Do Not Call List' doesn't apply to campaigns, I'm surprised you aren't getting some now.  The state and federal primaries are more contended than the general elections in Tennessee.  Robocall or volunteer call, campaigns are calling now that early voting is open.

Campaigns use the number on your voter registration (which is a public record any party can get) when they call, so if you have an old number on there, that may explain it.

I think if you are not a financial contributor to one of the 2 dominant parties you will sometimes fly under the radar. I used to be a supporter. No More!  And I noticed a huge reduction in political related interruptions.

My favorite prank to play on phone marketers was this one: Lady calls me up and says Hello Mr. Analog, how are you today? I get all scared sounding and say "Well not too good. You see I'm in the witness protection program, and analog was my old name. Now somehow you got my old name together with my new phone number. If you found me then they can too."

Lady got all freaked out and went to go get her manager. I had to hang up I was laughing so hard.

The other one I used was with AT&T. When we moved here my wife arranged all the utilities, so they were all in her name. Get a call one night, "Hello, this is AT&T may we speak with Mrs. Analog?" I tell them, "Sorry Mrs. Analog's phone privileges have been suspended, she's not allow to use the phone right now." Blew their mind, they could not comprehend that an adult woman, my wife, was not ALLOWED to use the phone.

We got rid of our land line and our cells are on the Do Not Call list, so I rarely get any telemarketers calling any more. I do get a lot of rings with nobody on the other end when I pick up. I suspect those are robo-calls looking for live numbers.

• Like 1

i have a iphone 4 but in the latest ios 7 when someone calls you can hit a option to go to info to add them or not to your contact list, well at the bottom is a option to block said number, i have been doing this for a while and very very rarely do i get calls, also helps stop sally mae aswell

If the number isn't in my contact list and/or I'm not expecting a call, I don't answer it.  Ever.  If it's important, leave a message.  If it's not important enough to leave a message, I probably didn't want to talk to you anyway. 

• Like 3

I've talked about it before, but I'll mention it again: Google Voice is awesome for this.

GV is a free service from Google where they give you a phone number. You can even pick it from a list of available ones, and they can be from any area code you like.When registered, you go in to the account settings and add all of you real phone numbers, such as your cell, home, work, etc. When anyone dials the GV #, all of those phones ring at the same time. Which ever one answers first, that's where the call is routed to.Picking a different area code is handy if you have family out of state, you can pick a number local to them, and it doesn't cost them long distance to call you, and the call is routed to you for free.

The feature pertinent to this thread is that you can set up contacts and group them into categories like, family, friends, work, etc., then set up ruleyous. The rules can be like: Family always rings thru to the phones. Friends only between 8:00am to 9:00pm. Work only on weekdays. And so on. But, you can also set up one that says if the number is not in my contacts, go to voicemail. There is an option where they have to announce who they are, then google calls you, plays their announcement adn you decide if you want to talk. You can also set up block lists, where the call never goes thru, and the caller is told they are on the block list.

The other feature I use alot is, if you call your own GV # from one of your own phones, it's smart enough to recognize that and it gives you a menu. One of the choices is to place a long distance call. You enter the # you want to call, and GV routes the call through, but all you have really dialed is your local GV# (assuming you picked a local area code). Free long distance for land lines. I use it from work, where personal LD calls are frowned upon.

Another nifty feature is any voice mails left are translated into text and sent to your email. Although I will say the translation code is mediocre at best. A lot of time the written text makes no sense at all because GV didn't understand what was said, and it makes a best guess.

There is an option where they have to announce who they are, then google calls you, plays their announcement adn you decide if you want to talk. You can also set up block lists, where the call never goes thru, and the caller is told they are on the block list..

My parents had a feature like this on their home phone several years ago. It was exceptionally annoying as it would not recognize mobile numbers. Having no land line, every time I called I had to go through the routine. The other features of google voice sound pretty interesting.

I've talked about it before, but I'll mention it again: Google Voice is awesome for this.

GV is a free service from Google where they give you a phone number. You can even pick it from a list of available ones, and they can be from any area code you like.When registered, you go in to the account settings and add all of you real phone numbers, such as your cell, home, work, etc. When anyone dials the GV #, all of those phones ring at the same time. Which ever one answers first, that's where the call is routed to.Picking a different area code is handy if you have family out of state, you can pick a number local to them, and it doesn't cost them long distance to call you, and the call is routed to you for free.

The feature pertinent to this thread is that you can set up contacts and group them into categories like, family, friends, work, etc., then set up ruleyous. The rules can be like: Family always rings thru to the phones. Friends only between 8:00am to 9:00pm. Work only on weekdays. And so on. But, you can also set up one that says if the number is not in my contacts, go to voicemail. There is an option where they have to announce who they are, then google calls you, plays their announcement adn you decide if you want to talk. You can also set up block lists, where the call never goes thru, and the caller is told they are on the block list.

The other feature I use alot is, if you call your own GV # from one of your own phones, it's smart enough to recognize that and it gives you a menu. One of the choices is to place a long distance call. You enter the # you want to call, and GV routes the call through, but all you have really dialed is your local GV# (assuming you picked a local area code). Free long distance for land lines. I use it from work, where personal LD calls are frowned upon.

Another nifty feature is any voice mails left are translated into text and sent to your email. Although I will say the translation code is mediocre at best. A lot of time the written text makes no sense at all because GV didn't understand what was said, and it makes a best guess.

That's pretty cool. I didn't realize GV had that many features. I actually have a GV# already that I use to make/receive calls on my ipad. I can also forward my cell phone calls to my ipad if needed. I'll have to look into those other features more.

The good news though is I am now day 2 without that woman calling me :) Edited by Batman

I dunno about anyone else but I am disappointed that the lady quit calling. No offense intended Batman but this thread had great entertainment potential

Yeah, after some of these ideas, I sort of wish she would call back now. Somehow I feel certain she will. My guess is someone else is having some fun with her on the phone and she's calling them back 200 times, lol. She only speaks about 10 words of EngRish so it's a long process.

If she does, I will report back with the color ;)

start breathing heavy and ask her what color her panties are.

Edited by Batman