$40K TV

I had to laugh out loud when I saw this.

Anyone that spends $40K on any electronics has to have money to burn. rollfloor.gif

I remember the first plasma I saw, it was a 40” at BestBuy and had a $10K price tag on it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-s9-85-class-84-1-2-diag--led-4k-ultra-hd-tv-2160p-120hz-smart-3d-hdtv/8908129.p?id=1218944452594&skuId=8908129&st=categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=1

You'd be surprised. Right after college I worked as a manufacturers' representative for a group of high end a/v consumer electronics companies. $100k speakers, $80k amps, $12,000 DVD players, and $30-50k projectors were more common than you would think. The ultra-rich (multiple Ferraris at mutilple houses) are out there, and they are all excited about ways to spend waaaayyyyy too much on something.
[quote name="musicman" post="1170303" timestamp="1405876843"]You'd be surprised. Right after college I worked as a manufacturers' representative for a group of high end a/v consumer electronics companies. $100k speakers, $80k amps, $12,000 DVD players, and $30-50k projectors were more common than you would think. The ultra-rich (multiple Ferraris at mutilple houses) are out there, and they are all excited about ways to spend waaaayyyyy too much on something.[/quote] I'm glad they're spending their money because it generates the manufacturing of goods which provides jobs. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well, its not quite $40K, its actually only $39,999.98.

Seriously? When you get up to that price range, do they really need to drop the $0.02 to make you feel like you are getting a deal. Do me a favor and make it easy on my checkbook and make it a nice even $40k

Well, its not quite $40K, its actually only $39,999.98.

Seriously? When you get up to that price range, do they really need to drop the $0.02 to make you feel like you are getting a deal. Do me a favor and make it easy on my checkbook and make it a nice even $40k

They do that because their pricing computers know that anything that ends in an 8 is a regular priced item. Sale items will end in a different number, and clearance items will end in yet a different number.

I don't understand what this thing is supposed to do... it's only 85"  for $40k you could have an entire theater room built around an 85" tv

It's 4k resolution, (5x 1080p resolution) that's why it's $40k. But there will be 4k projectors on the market soon enough for $10k and less.

Technology has to start somewhere when it is new to the market. Give it a few years and it will be affordable.

I paid $500 for a $2000 Sony Bravia on clearance because it was a year old model. Great television, no way I would have paid $2k for it, or any television.

I don't understand what this thing is supposed to do... it's only 85"  for $40k you could have an entire theater room built around an 85" tv

Not a 4K, 2160P, Ultra HDTV. 

Toys like those are for mentally impaired people that have much more money than brain cells................jmho

Meh. Some people would say the same thing about my motorcycle. I say hey, you can't take it with you. If you can afford $40 grand for a TV with clarity so clear you'll be able to see the future, why not? After all, people buying these right now are putting them in the $10 million homes, which could also be considered excessive. I ain't gonna lie, if I ever won the lottery, I'd have something like that. 

• Like 1

Just wait till the 8K televisions come out. It'll be down the line but by then the rediculously priced 4k televisions will be more affordable.

The only down side to the 4k is there is relatively little programming available in 4k for consumer use.

But the cost to the retail sales is maybe a smidgen less than the sale price. The retailers make their money on accessories like speakers, HDMI cables and the Warranties. But it's easier to sell extended warranties on appliances than Entertainment systems.