Letter to Wally World

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Pretty sure that the current law even differentiates between rifles and handguns when it comes to the legality of public carry. Not that you pay attention to the law, anyway, since by your own admission you've been violating it "for years". :koolaid:

Well I'm about to go to Walmart here shortly and I will have my G21SF on my side but covered with a long shirt the way I always carry it. If I reach up on a shelf to get something and the muzzle shows I can't get arrested for it, that why I personally like OC but I will always try to hide my handgun. I will say again that I will never buy anything gun related at Walmart for their cowardly deal with the Bloomberg drones but I will buy groceries etc.

There will always be the liberal eekers out there who will pee their panties if they see a gun on your side, you can't change their mind so I wont even try to but I also wont purposely try to start an argument with them, some would even probably call a LEO and the situation would then become an inconvienent hassle. Now I wont give in to them either.

Pretty sure that the current law even differentiates between rifles and handguns when it comes to the legality of public carry. Not that you pay attention to the law, anyway, since by your own admission you've been violating it "for years". :koolaid:

Very true. HCPs of course only apply to Handguns.

Hunting, etc... with a long gun is already legal without a carry permit.

Tungstun......thanks for all of your imput. What you said was exactly how I felt, just coudn't put it to words.

For anyone I pissed off, I did not mean it. There is a time and place for OC, I have and I will. Yes the anti's and the sheepies far out number us. We don't need to kiss their buts, but we do need them on our side.

FYI: the true thuggies, the baddest of the baddies do keep their crap concealed. I worked with em and around them for almost 3 years in NY. Some of them conceal way better than most of us would.

Kisses...mmmwwaaa....love alls youz guys

Guest TinkerBell

Wow thats so crazy. Walmart makes too much money to care about one person. Also considering you wernt injured in any way i doubt they will take the time to write back. If by some shocking miracle they do write you back it would be interesting to see what they did have to say. Hope it all works out tho...

1. Sucks that you ran into this problem.

2. 99% chance you'll just receive a blanket letter in response to your email.

3. Wal-Mart won't care about losing 1 customer. Not an attack on you, but on Wal-Mart. Having had family that worked in their upper levels of corporate employment, I have a pretty good handle on their ethics and principles. As long as they're making a profit... they could care less who they step on.

Then you should know if he calls/writes/emails the main office THEY will go berzerk. The absolutely can not stand the local store manager making any policy decisions.

I just got the call back from the Manager she said we are allowed to carry in Wal-Mart but she asks that we keep it concealed. Even though TN says we can carry open one of the associates was scared by the sight of it and panicked to loss prevention and management. The cashier will be "counseled" as she had no right to approach me. Only a manager or loss prevention accompanied by a manager can confront a customer.

Sooner or later our state issued HCPs will be amended to be concealed carry permits and everyone's going to sit around slack-jawed with blank, dumb expressions asking why the heck they changed the rules. And when it happens, I'm going to tell stories about people open carrying at Wal-Mart, scaring the sheep.

Yeah, I'm knocking you pretty hard for this. Deal with it. The reason our state doesn't require concealment is because if concealment is required by law, then you could lose your permit or be thrown into jail for even accidentally "flashing" your weapon as you reached for a box of Fruit Loops on the top shelf. In many states where concealment is required, this can and does happen.

The law wasn't written with open carry as a provision so you could cowboy-up with your heater on your hip. It was written to keep you out of jail for being careless.

People argue all the time that more open carry would make it so common place that the public wouldn't care anymore. Bull****. More open carry will result in more sheep being pissed off about it, writing their representatives and castrating your right to carry at the polls during the next election cycle. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

CONCEAL IT. The world does not need to know that you are carrying unless you are trying to send the message that you carry your balls in your holster. There is zero tactical advantage to revealing your hand. :rolleyes:

+1

:up:

Tungsten said

The law wasn't written with open carry as a provision so you could cowboy-up with your heater on your hip. It was written to keep you out of jail for being careless.

how do we know this to be true? I don't doubt it is true, just wondering what the reference for this is.

I try to not open carry unless going to shoot or here on my property. I do believe if you look the part people do not get antsy at the sight of a gun. Eddie could be a poster boy for OC.

I have OC'ed a few times and I swear people think I am a cop when I do.