Glock 22 gen2

ezrydr

I just got my first Glock. It's a model 22 Gen 2. I would like to have one with the light rail for HD. How much should I expect to pay extra if I decide to trade up for a gen 4? I don't know that much about Glocks so are there any reasons that I should hold onto the gen 2 and not trade up?

Many people prefer Gen 2's (myself included) for the lack of finger grooves. 

As far as how much extra for a Gen 4 well...what did you pay for the Gen 2?  How much is the Gen 4 you're looking at?  Expect to trade-in at a gun store? etc, etc. Several variables there to consider.

• Like 2
  • Moderators

From what I've seen, at a store a "trade up" would probably mean $200-$300 cash on your end for such a trade. That's assuming excellent condition. If I were you, sell it outright on here or the like. If you play your cards right you could come out even if you are patient.

The market is flooded with Glock 22 Gen2.  If you look careful, one can be found from an FFL in the low $300s, and some have been found in the past 30 days $289.  So with that, expect a trade value at a FFL of about $200-$250.  I think a new GenIV 22 will run in the low $500s, so I agree above you still pay out of pocket about $250 - $300 plus your trade. 

Here is one 22 gen2 with with 2 high cap magazines for $299.95, assuming one mag is worth $20, then this is more like $279.  Enjoy..............

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.aspx?PartNumber=UG-GLOCK22G2

I got it for practically nothing. My dad had it and it was given to him by my brother. Dad could care less what kind of gun he has as long as it works when he needs it to. I traded a KBI PJK-9HP (Browning Hi-Power) clone for it. He thought the Glock was a 9mm anyway. I've found a rail attachment on Amazon for a little over $20. Have any of you gone that route? I wonder how bulky the add on would be? I wouldn't mind trading for a gen 3. Wonder what the best deal I could find on trading for a gen 3 would be. Mine has 3 dot night sites if that would make any difference.

Is this what you're talking about?   http://www.amazon.com/NcStar-Pistol-Accessory-Adapter-MADGLO/dp/B004QP2TJA

I would have a concern with switch clearance around the trigger guard that some lights have.  Looks like this attaches to the guard so it may prove to be too thick.

Yep, that's what I was looking at. I have a Crimson Trace light that has the toggle paddles on both sides of the light so I don't think that clearance would be an issue but I just don't know. There are good reviews and bad reviews on this part. A lot of the bad reviews though, I believe, are due to people not knowing how to attach it.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the gen 2's. They just "feel right" to me. I've been wanting a Glock20 Gen2 recently

I like gen2s as well.  So much so, I started a redneck gen2 collection.  Beats collecting shot glasses!  I have in order of purchase 17, 22, 21, 23, 20, 31, and 32.  The 19 is the most common, and is on my radar screen, but I guess I will wait for a good deal, not in an hurry.  The long slides do not impress me.  I think these are the best, and what made Glock the company. 

• Like 1

I like gen2s as well.  So much so, I started a redneck gen2 collection.  Beats collecting shot glasses!  I have in order of purchase 17, 22, 21, 23, 20, 31, and 32.  The 19 is the most common, and is on my radar screen, but I guess I will wait for a good deal, not in an hurry.  The long slides do not impress me.  I think these are the best, and what made Glock the company.

Impressive collection! As soon as I run across a G20 gen2, I'll probably have to cave and buy it.