Okay to carry 2 pistols in TN?

Guest Ugrey

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unreconstructed1
I'm not a proponent of open carry but hell's bells, open carry with a High-Point?! :wave::P

:lol:

well, how about the forum start a "get unreconstructed1 a Kimber so that he doesn't have to carry a Hi point fund"?

as I've said many times before, my Hi point functions just as well as any other gun on the market. I pull the trigger, it shoots, it ejects the spent case, and it loads the next round. it does this every time I pull the trigger. It maynot have light rails, lasers, pachmyer grips, hi capaity magazines, threaded barrels, barrel shrouds, bayonet lugs, or a flux capacitor, but it shoots reliably. the rest is just bells and whistles.:D

Todd, maybe you could back off the guy some? I have no love for RangeMaster and that is no secret, but I think they are doing the community at large a service that is necessary, especially in Shelby County.

I don't understand why you decided to jump down this guy's throat. He wasn't attacking anyone or blaming them, he simply asked a question on a GUN FORUM relevant to GUNS. A gun forum that has a fair share of Instructors, lawyers, and range employees on it.

Just my opinion, but I think it was uncalled for.

Guest Todd@CIS
Todd, maybe you could back off the guy some? I have no love for RangeMaster and that is no secret, but I think they are doing the community at large a service that is necessary, especially in Shelby County.

I don't understand why you decided to jump down this guy's throat. He wasn't attacking anyone or blaming them, he simply asked a question on a GUN FORUM relevant to GUNS. A gun forum that has a fair share of Instructors, lawyers, and range employees on it.

Just my opinion, but I think it was uncalled for.

1. Where did I speak negatively of RangeMaster? I was sticking up for them! You need to reread my posts.

2. Why did I "jump down the guy's throat" (which I didn't, BTW)? In three separate posts, instead of asking a simple question he floated the notion that RangeMaster failed him. I was pointing out that learning is a two-way street...he should have just asked the source while he was there or afterwards. Or hell, ask here without implying that his HCP instructor didn't do his job.

Anytime I have a "problem" with someone, I go to that someone first before going public...it's just good policy. Back to point #1, I was sticking up for someone I thought deserved it.

I'd do it for any other school/instructor (or you, for that matter). Which brings me to point #3.

3. Ugrey...your money is just as valuable as the rookies. If you pay, you should get your questions answered. And you're right about the bad mouthing, since I got into the business, I'm amazed at how much of it there is.

Nobody on this board has EVER read where I have bad mouthed another school or instructor. In fact, I have "sung praises" of some of my competition on more than one occation (some who even post here).

And thank you for your clarification on RangeMaster.

As canynracer said...it's all good.

Edited by Todd@CIS
well, how about the forum start a "get unreconstructed1 a Kimber so that he doesn't have to carry a Hi point fund"?

as I've said many times before, my Hi point functions just as well as any other gun on the market. I pull the trigger, it shoots, it ejects the spent case, and it loads the next round. it does this every time I pull the trigger. It maynot have light rails, lasers, pachmyer grips, hi capaity magazines, threaded barrels, barrel shrouds, bayonet lugs, or a flux capacitor, but it shoots reliably. the rest is just bells and whistles.:wave:

:D don't take it personally. Everything anyone has ever said about HP's go hand in hand with you sentiment. It's just that they are huge and ugly. They are function with NO form. Most folks want a little form. I think of them kinda like I thought about girls my mom tried to introduce me to with "great personalities"! They get the job done but I'd rather like what I was looking at.:lol:

You'd get the same ribbing if you carried a Deagle in .50!

Todd, I have taken no offense. I am 50 and have been around the block a few times. If all I have on any given day is a small diagreement or a misunderstanding on an internet board, that is an easy day. I got my question answered, thanks to all.

In both classes I have taken there there has been no time in class for questions.

First of all, I can't abide by this statement. I pay to take training, and I am paid by others to provide training for them. In both instances, you MAKE time for questions. Especially on a topic like HCP, it's just too crucial for any question to go unasked.

Any instructor who says, suggests, or implies...either verbally or by body language...that there's "no time in class for questions"....I would strongly recommend staying away from that trainer. It's your money, and more importantly, your safety.

I don't think Todd quite "jumped down the guy's throat". He made his statement a little strong maybe, but I see his point.

Ugrey (twice), whether intentional or not, implied that RangeMaster didn't cover some material he felt like should have been covered. That happens, and then it's incumbent upon the student to bring it up.

We have students in class 11 or 12 hours. We cover a lot. But we can't answer every question every time, unless it's brought to our attention. We have to rely on the students to fill in the gaps of bringing up what we've missed or didn't explain clearly enough.

Ok guy's give it up on the hipoint bashing, heck I own no less than 6, no wait make that 5 I gave my daughter one for home protection. I have them stashed all over the house, if you break in, then I can garantee one thing, if I miss with the ammo I'll sure break your face with the gun.:death:

After posting the above comment I wanted to clarify something, the Hi point is a brick, but hell it's a brick that works, I've ran mine hard trying to get a problem never a hicup, and on top of that if and I mean IF you wear it out, send it in the fix or replace it. period, no questions asked. I don't carry one but if it's all I had I sure as heck would and be proud of the fact that I was able to protect myself.

Edited by dralarms
1. Where did I speak negatively of RangeMaster? I was sticking up for them! You need to reread my posts.

2. Why did I "jump down the guy's throat" (which I didn't, BTW)? In three separate posts, instead of asking a simple question he floated the notion that RangeMaster failed him. I was pointing out that learning is a two-way street...he should have just asked the source while he was there or afterwards. Or hell, ask here without implying that his HCP instructor didn't do his job.

Anytime I have a "problem" with someone, I go to that someone first before going public...it's just good policy. Back to point #1, I was sticking up for someone I thought deserved it.

I'd do it for any other school/instructor (or you, for that matter). Which brings me to point #3.

3. Ugrey...your money is just as valuable as the rookies. If you pay, you should get your questions answered. And you're right about the bad mouthing, since I got into the business, I'm amazed at how much of it there is.

Nobody on this board has EVER read where I have bad mouthed another school or instructor. In fact, I have "sung praises" of some of my competition on more than one occation (some who even post here).

And thank you for your clarification on RangeMaster.

As canynracer said...it's all good.

I was simply stating I'm not a big fan of Range master as I deal with alot of people who have been turned off by their customer service and other problems they have had. I don't bash them though, I just stated that I wasn't defending them or bashing them necessarily. I just felt the comments were a little strong considering the OP never really blamed anyone, just said it wasn't covered. I concur though, it's all good.

I don't think Todd quite "jumped down the guy's throat". He made his statement a little strong maybe, but I see his point.

Ugrey (twice), whether intentional or not, implied that RangeMaster didn't cover some material he felt like should have been covered. That happens, and then it's incumbent upon the student to bring it up.

We have students in class 11 or 12 hours. We cover a lot. But we can't answer every question every time, unless it's brought to our attention. We have to rely on the students to fill in the gaps of bringing up what we've missed or didn't explain clearly enough.

See above, I don't see where Ugrey ever really blamed Range Master, he just stated the material wasn't covered. I agree there isn't always time to cover everything and I know firsthand how permit classes can run out of time to cover every possible question/scenario.

If he had called Range Master or talked to the instructor after the class he could have answered his question true, but for whatever reason he didn't then he posed the question here. He never claimed anyone maliciously didn't cover the topic or was even at fault for not doing so, it just didn't get covered.

I think it's another simple case of under-reading/mis understanding of text. No harm no foul anyone? :death:

I am the original poster. In both classes I have taken there there has been no time in class for questions. I understand this. In the HCP class of 8 of us, there were at least 3 people who had never touched a weapon. We went for about 4.5 hours each night on what was supposed to be an 8 hour class. I have owned some kind of pistol and hunted for 30 years so I just let the "rookies" ask the questions during breaks and after class. They had lots of them. I had only the one, and it was not pressing.

You paid the same fees they paid, ask your questions. Sometimes the "veterans" have to ask the questions the rookies don't know enough to ask.

Guest unreconstructed1
But, you know someone who does just that.

:cool:

you know, I can totally understand the "some people like a little form" comment, but it's like I've always said about motorcycles "Chrome won't get you home"

Guest mikedwood

I remember in my HCP class someone asked the question about carrying more than one or that information would not have been brought up. The instructor said the state requires him, he has to, absolutely cover. And that if he covered everything he wanted to the course would be several days.

One thing about a Hi-point if you run out of bullets you are no where near defenseless.