Okay to carry 2 pistols in TN?

Guest Ugrey

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom told us he did and he showed us his, but he did not tell us it was legal for HCP in TN. I assumed it was, but never heard that in class. I was awake for the whole class. :dirty: I was very interested in finding this out before I took the class.

Guest unreconstructed1

yep, technically it's perfectly legal to carry as many guns as you feel the need to, openly or not.

(just don't post what kind of gun you carry unless its at least 300 dollars, and don't post if you carry openly... unless you want to end up being teased about it mercilessly)

Guest Phantom6
You must be a proud owner of a Hi-Point! :(

I'm not a proponent of open carry but hell's bells, open carry with a High-Point?! :P :P

:D

BTW carry as many pistols as you please..... just don't fall in the creek, you might drown.

Guest Todd@CIS
Tom told us he did and he showed us his, but he did not tell us it was legal for HCP in TN. I assumed it was, but never heard that in class. I was awake for the whole class. :DI was very interested in finding this out before I took the class.[/quote]

Then why didn't you just ask during the class? Or give them a call?

Instead, you choose to get on the internet and let everyone know what you supposedly didn't learn at RangeMaster's HCP class? :P

Guest canynracer

Then why didn't you just ask during the class? Or give them a call?

Instead, you choose to get on the internet and let everyone know what you supposedly didn't learn at RangeMaster's HCP class? :P

Because that way we can have discussions on how great :D that place is...

Guest TheBulldog
You must be a proud owner of a Hi-Point! :P

And what would be wrong with a HI Point is someone likes that and it works for them?

Not that I like them, but some people are snobs about how much they paid.

Heck I carry a Sig, Taurus and Even a little Tangfolio GT27 Pocket gun.

That GT27 is not worth 10 bucks used but the darn thing always goes BANG and shoots well out to 25 feet.

Remember, just because you overpay, does not make it any better so don't drink the gun snob koolaid! :koolaid:

Edited by TheBulldog
Spelling typo
And what would be wrong with a HI Point is someone likes that and it works for them?

Not that I like them, but some people are snobs about how much they paid.

Heck I carry a Sig, Taurus and Even a little Tangfolio GT27 Pocket gun.

That GT27 is not worth 10 bucks used but the darn thing always goes BANG and shoots well out to 25 feet.

Remember, just because you overpay, does not make it any better so don't drink the gun snob koolaid! :koolaid:

It's really difficult to take someone serious when they're wearing one of those goofy headsets. Just sayin'.

I kid I kid...Well, kinda.:P

Guest Todd@CIS
Because that way we can have discussions on how great :koolaid: that place is...

That's beside the point.

My point was, he had a specific question even before taking the class, takes the class and never asks the question (even though the topic of back-ups apparently did come up), never calls to ask the question after the class, then comes here to tell everyone about it.

There is only so much info you can cram into the 8 hours...an instructor is not going to cover every nuance of HCPs in that time (or 2 days for that matter).

I'm not going to carry RangeMaster's water...they're competitors. But, let's be fair.

While I believe CIS has a very thorough HCP class, we strongly urge students to ask questions, provide handouts for later reference, and always encourage phone calls if questions come up. That's what a good school does.

I'm just curious as to why the question wasn't asked in class or on the phone. Learning is a two-way street.

Edited by Todd@CIS

I am the original poster. In both classes I have taken there there has been no time in class for questions. I understand this. In the HCP class of 8 of us, there were at least 3 people who had never touched a weapon. We went for about 4.5 hours each night on what was supposed to be an 8 hour class. I have owned some kind of pistol and hunted for 30 years so I just let the "rookies" ask the questions during breaks and after class. They had lots of them. I had only the one, and it was not pressing.

I asked this question on this board on a late Sunday afternoon. I thought Rangemaster was closed. I have now checked their schedule and I see they were open. I guess I could have called them. I have read this board for over a year and I had a lot of respect for the depth of knowledge here. I asked the question with out identifying RangeMaster. Someone farther down the thread asked where I took this class and I answered. I won't ever do that again. I never cease to be amazed at the bad mouthing of "other" trainers or schools on all gun boards. I will also be very careful from now on about asking or answering any questions on this board.

I did not come here to stir up anything about RangeMaster. I think they have done a GREAT job in the 2 classes I have taken from them. I have paid for, and am scheduled to take 2 more classes from them. I have also gone there and shot in their league on Friday nights. All I know, is I am much more knowledgable and proficient than I was 1 year ago. I and my family are much safer thanks to Range Master. My family has always been in some sort of small business and I have a great amount of appreciation for anyone who runs a small business. I cannot imagine the liability that is involved in running a gun range and school. Tom and staff, thanks for the training, you may well save my life someday. I meant no disrespect to any of you in asking a question on this board. I am somewhat amazed it could be seen that way.

Let me edit my comments here today, October 14, without bumping this whole thread back to the top. Tom told us several times in class that everyone who works the store is an instructor and competitor and therefore we could ask them any question and get a good answer. During my HCP class I of course did not have a carry permit so my question about a BUG just did not seem terribly pressing to me at the time. It was something to think about at least several months down the road. Well, I have had my HCP for several months now and I am now fairly comfortable carrying. So, sitting here on my computer one Sunday afternoon I was again interested in thequestion of a BUG, so I asked about it here. I had no idea it would turn into all of this. I hope some other people reading this board have learned a few things from this question.

Edited by Ugrey
sp
Guest canynracer

Its all good..If you feel that you received the proper training, that is all that matters. I am glad you are taking extra classes, and I am glad you are practicing....I dont think anybody was bashing you, it was just a question about why you didnt followup after the class..nothing more...

No worries.

Guest bluecanary25

Ugrey,

Don't take some of the comments here personally.

You had a valid question, shame some of the answers were in poor taste.

But you gotta have some thick skin when participating in a forum, esp. one where pig-headed old geezers hang out.... :wave: (some young'uns, too)

Be patient, someday soon, one of these yahoos will ask something YOU can make fun of.... :D

Meanwhile, ask questions. You may have one, others have been meaning to ask....