Assuming you have nothing, I would buy in this order:

1.) Shotgun

2.) handgun

3.) rifle

Then, using this logic:

1.) self defense.

2.) hunting

3.) fun

The makes/models/calibers is up to you!  Buy wisely, and buy proven platforms! 

Guest summertime27

I'll tell you what my next gun will be... AR10 in 308. I'm leaning towards the S&W M&P10, then changing the barrel and handguard later. I think it's terribly ugly in factory spec.

I would personally suggest this in an AR10 variant ;)

071308rifle_zps8da26853.jpg

I have a list... :)

1. CMP Special Grade M1 Garand with 2000 rounds of Greek surplus ammo from CMP and all the clips I could get.

2. HK Benelli M1 90 12ga Tactical Shotgun.Colt

3. .45LC Colt Peacemaker (Original)

A RDIAS.

He was asking fog advice on a gun. He was not asking for advice on how to invest his money so that it outperforms any stock on the stock exchange. :)

BTW, you can't go wrong with a shotgun, not just the one I have for sale, but any shotgun. For pump shotgun I would grab a Maverick 88 and then build it to suit your tastes. The Maverick 88 is a Mossberg 500 with a better safety and takes all the Mossberg 500 accessories. After that I would look at a Remington 870 and then build to your likes.

For semi autos nothing can beat a decent Saiga 12 as long as they have had the reliability upgrades. You can get 2, 5, 8, 10, 12, 20, 25 and 30 round magazines for the Saiga. Nothing says I am about to destroy everything in the room like 30 rounds of 00 buck being let loose. They are also pretty light, mine weighs in at 7 pounds 3 ounces and for a semiauto shotgun that is actually pretty light.

And like others have said some great deals can be had on ARs right now. And an AR can be built into millions of different configurations to suit your needs or wants. But be forewarned they are like Lays chips, no one can have just one.

I'll tell you what my next gun will be... AR10 in 308. I'm leaning towards the S&W M&P10, then changing the barrel and handguard later. I think it's terribly ugly in factory spec.

I already have an AR10 but I’m waiting for S&W to put a quad and a heavy barrel on the M&P10….and they will. I just wish they would hurry up.

I already have an AR10 but I’m waiting for S&W to put a quad and a heavy barrel on the M&P10….and they will. I just wish they would hurry up.

Yea, I want a fancy-pants stainless match (maybe fluted) bull barrel and a round, knurled, free-float handguard with a nicer bipod on the end. When I'm close to having the money, I'll start deciding on exactly what to do. I love my CMT TGO AR... would love a matching TGO CMT AR10... wink, wink!!

He was asking fog advice on a gun. He was not asking for advice on how to invest his money so that it outperforms any stock on the stock exchange. :)

I remember seeing a couple posting on AR15.com, pre 86 sales flyers of a manufacture selling them 3 for $99 + 3 stamp a whopping $700 investment, today they'd be worth $75,000+.

There recently has been a flood of C3 MG hitting the market (estate sales), Ruben in FL and Bob in NV.

I heard there was only 2 of these transferable in the registry, buying its one thing feeding the beast is another.

http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=24376&query=retrieval

I remember seeing a couple posting on AR15.com, pre 86 sales flyers of a manufacture selling them 3 for $99 + 3 stamp a whopping $700 investment, today they'd be worth $75,000+.
There recently has been a flood of C3 MG hitting the market (estate sales), Ruben in FL and Bob in NV.
I heard there was only 2 of these transferable in the registry, buying its one thing feeding the beast is another.
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=24376&query=retrieval

You buying it? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You buying it? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish, don't know if this is a 2 speed version shooting 4000 or 6000 RPM, lets just say it's in slow mode at $.40 per round x 4000= $1600.00 for a 1 minute burst, BTW add another $150 for the links...

I seen a video a few yrs ago on M4.com of rich guy with more money then brains, using a mini gun shooting hogs in a field.