Can trigger travel be reduced on Kahr CW9?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be reduced but it takes allot of work. The long travel, as said before acts as a safety on that gun. A good trigger job (PORT AND POLISH) will help allot. It will become much easier and smooth as silk. This is something you can do yourself will a dremel, polish compound and polishing wheel.

• 1 month later...
Guest 70below

Hope no one minds if I revive this thread.....I hated to start another......

I recently shot my CW9 for the first time and loved it.....the only thing that I disliked, was that the trigger didn't "index" like a Glock.....I have so much experience and rounds down range with my Glocks that I kept short stroking the trigger on it without thinking. I can definitely train it out of myself, but then I'll be taking full pulls on my glock triggers most likely. The "Elite" trigger Kahr has doesn't allow indexing does it?

Guest shadow12

It most likely can be done, but it would take some work. Someone suggested polishing the trigger on it it will help. I polished one recently and it turned out to be much better than stock. With that being said, if you are not sure how to reassemble this pistol, DO NOT TAKE IT APART. It is a heck of a trick to get it back together. This one was more of a pain than the Para LDA, it helps if you have three hands and they are small enough to get in the pistol at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest m4coyote

I have a Kahr PM9, and have polished the mating surfaces on the striker and trigger bar. This did help with the smoothness of the pull, but it did nothing for the travel. I also ordered & installed a reduced power Wolff striker spring, and it gave a nice reduction to the trigger pull weight, but again, it did not reduce the pull length. The CW9 uses the same springs, so you may want to give it a try. It was a cheap modification, but was very noticable & 100% reliable through about 1000 rounds now.

I believe that Cylinder & Slide does quite a bit of work on the Khar pistols, so you might want to give them a call.