Has anyone assembled a rifle using CMT slick sided upper?

Luke E.

I traded my TGO upper with bolt assist and dust cover to another member for a slick sided upper. I'm building a 6.5 Grendel (ever so slowly) and I liked the idea of not having the bolt assist and whatnot hanging on the side. Just curious if anyone has built one yet and if so, would you mind throwing a pic up of it.  Here's mine for those that haven't seen them,

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/6FB1C933-6D85-49FC-B6C5-5177A6E43DFD.jpg.html]6FB1C933-6D85-49FC-B6C5-5177A6E43DFD.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7447CBAE-B51B-4276-A7C3-123DD9925586.jpg.html]7447CBAE-B51B-4276-A7C3-123DD9925586.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s303.photobucket.com/user/lukeduke_03/media/Mobile%20Uploads/AFBA8935-0439-43FD-9645-0CD46991C54F.jpg.html]AFBA8935-0439-43FD-9645-0CD46991C54F.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Luke E.
  • Like 1
Can't help you with the CMT, but I have built a couple Grendels.

Be aware, forming brass from 7.62x39 is the only time that I have genuinely NEEDED to use the forward assist.

Of course if you're just using factory ammo or brass, this shouldn't be an issue.

Can't help you with the CMT, but I have built a couple Grendels.

Be aware, forming brass from 7.62x39 is the only time that I have genuinely NEEDED to use the forward assist.

Of course if you're just using factory ammo or brass, this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the tip. I have all new Lapua brass to load whenever I get it finished up so I won't be forming any 7.62x39 brass.

Guest summertime27

This isn't exactly the same type build as what you have planned but a very nice photo of the UPUR-3 used in a complete build.

UPUR3SBRRIFLE_zps578e981d.jpg

This isn't exactly the same type build as what you have planned but a very nice photo of the UPUR-3 used in a complete build.

UPUR3SBRRIFLE_zps578e981d.jpg

Thanks. By the way, The upper looks great! I have yet to ever use the forward assist to force a round into any of my other rifles but I do use a .223 and 300aac to hunt with some so I do like that I can use them to chamber a round quietly instead of letting the bolt slam full speed ahead scaring off anything within a mile. I won't be using this rifle to hunt with so I had no use for the assist on this one and your slick side looks very clean. The next one I build will be more of a competition type rifle and I plan to use your slick sided upper on that as well. I know it's been 7-8 months now but thanks again for making the receivers available to the TGO members like you did!!

Guest summertime27

Thanks. By the way, The upper looks great! I have yet to ever use the forward assist to force a round into any of my other rifles but I do use a .223 and 300aac to hunt with some so I do like that I can use them to chamber a round quietly instead of letting the bolt slam full speed ahead scaring off anything within a mile. I won't be using this rifle to hunt with so I had no use for the assist on this one and your slick side looks very clean. The next one I build will be more of a competition type rifle and I plan to use your slick sided upper on that as well. I know it's been 7-8 months now but thanks again for making the receivers available to the TGO members like you did!!

Thanks Luke!