Savage 242 .410/.410 Over Under

Anybody got one of these neat little Savage 242 over/unders? Does it have a story back to grandpa? What do you use it for? Was it your first gun as a kid? Sure would like to see some pics, and hear some hunting stories with these little guns. Anyone ever took a deer with one.... with slugs? Probably a good little squirrel or rabbit gun...and grouse for those that have them. I have a brand new barrel set...new old stock, that's unfired. I'm looking for a receiver and buttstock. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have other Savage 24 Models, that this barrel set will fit. So, I can use the barrel set on them, if I have to. Please post some good pics, if you have one of these little jewels. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing them, and hearing the stories.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always considered purchasing one of these but didn't as I thought the 20 or 12 gauge w/a 22WMR or .223 made more sense. Now I've a different opinion and sometime back purchased a used NEF .410 Pardner and a .22LR sub caliber insert. which suffices for my needs.  

• 2 weeks later...

I always considered purchasing one of these but didn't as I thought the 20 or 12 gauge w/a 22WMR or .223 made more sense. Now I've a different opinion and sometime back purchased a used NEF .410 Pardner and a .22LR sub caliber insert. which suffices for my needs.  

Now the Savage 242, that I'm talking about here, is an over under shotgun in .410. You may be thinking about the Savage 24, which is a combo gun with a rifle caliber on top of a shotgun barrel in .410, 20Ga. or 12Ga..I have some of the Savage 24s, and my savage 242 .410/.410 barrel will fit one of my Savage 24s that's chambered in .30-30/20 Ga..