A 1911 that's uglier than a Glock.

According to the website, the frame is aluminum.  If I were still in the gunwriting game, I'd certainly grab one of these for a T&E.  I did one on the original Detonics way back when, and it functioned great and was reliable. (At least the one I had)

The more I look at this, the MTX version that is; the more interested in it I seem to be.

But it brings several questions to mind.

Is it a "1911" pistol? It does appear to have the traditional 1911 style controls, anyways as far as the slide stop, and rear safety. They seem to look as if it would function in the same manner.

But it does not appear to have the backstrap safety mechanism. And the trigger is short like the normal trigger.

And is this a SA/DA pistol or simply a DA in 1911 clothes? Not that there is anything wrong with that at all. I'm just wondering about it.

The linked site doesn't seem, as far as I was able to find, much real information on the pistol. But I was unable to access all the different parts of the site for some reason.

Anyway, just wondering about it.

It can be converted from standard 1911 hammer fired configuration to striker fired. It seems to be truly modular.

Actually...that is a drawback as far as I'm concerned. Reminds me of the Browning BDA. And although I have one, I'm not overly enthused with it.

Where are you reading that? I can't find anything like that?

I don't see anything like that either.. but if true, that's some cool engineering that I gotta see.

And now I'm sitting here thinking about an SAO striker-fired gun with a non-pivoting short-travel trigger like a 1911 and drooling......  

Yeah I've searched everywhere I could think and can't find anything. Mike is probably better at finding stuff than me though.

It did get me thinking though. I'm pretty sure I just figured out a way to do it. Now all I need are investors!! Lol