how old to carry switchblade/auto knife?

Did I miss something.............. switchblades are legal to carry now?

Indeed you have.  Effective July 1, all restrictions on knife carry were removed.  Any type, any length, with the exception of places like schools and such. 

And to address the above... I'm not aware of age restrictions either, though that may be buried somewhere in the TCA. 

[quote name="NRA" post="1164484" timestamp="1404303462"]Did I miss something.............. switchblades are legal to carry now?[/quote] Yessir you did in fact miss something, they are legal as of yesterday, July 1st. It is now legal for anyone who can legally own a firearm in TN to carry that firearm, loaded, in their vehicle without a permit. Edit...beat by 23 seconds Edited by KKing

Now that we CAN legally own and carry automatic knives, what is the minimum age for ownership and to carry one?  This is just to know the answer when my 18-year old asks...

There are no age restrictions in TCA weapons section regarding carry of any knife; perhaps there's something in another section regarding juveniles, couldn't say.

Note that all knives are still banned in schools, which includes colleges/universities too if push comes to shove, which of course it would most likely do over a switchblade I'd imagine.

- OS

So, I can carry in KY as long as I have a permit? 

I don't know KY law, you need a permit to carry a switchblade there?

If so, then you have one, and KY likes it, so I reckon you can.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I don't know KY law, you need a permit to carry a switchblade there?

I you do, then you have one, and KY likes it, so I reckon you can.

- OS

To carry concealed, yes. Their permit is a concealed deadly weapons permit. I reckon I could ask one of the police up there. If there's no federal restriction, it just comes down to reciprocity between KY and TN. I now we have that with guns.

To carry concealed, yes. Their permit is a concealed deadly weapons permit. I reckon I could ask one of the police up there. If there's no federal restriction, it just comes down to reciprocity between KY and TN. I now we have that with guns.

Here's federal law. It's not very long. No prohibition regarding non-commercial possession crossing state lines that I can glean.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title15/html/USCODE-2011-title15-chap29.htm

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Here's federal law. It's not very long. No prohibition regarding non-commercial possession crossing state lines that I've ever noticed.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title15/html/USCODE-2011-title15-chap29.htm

- OS

I saw the term "Indian" in that more than once.  If the PC zealots in this country knew how racist United States Code is they've have Congress tied up for years.  :lol:

I saw the term "Indian" in that more than once.  If the PC zealots in this country knew how racist United States Code is they've have Congress tied up for years.  :lol:

;)  Hell, worst insult is that "Indian Lands" still aren't -- they're federal.

- OS

• Like 1