Who says you can't make fast followup shots from a large caliber handgun.

K191145

It did look like that was pretty uncomfortable to do, I know I wouldn't want to try it. I had a Raging Bull for a while in .454 Cassull, just a novelty gun for me, the only practical use for those is big game hunting and self defense against Smokey and Bullwinkle if you hike in Montana. I shot quite a few 250 to 300 grain loads from it, it sends a pretty good shock wave through your hand, wrist, and elbow. I think if you were to shoot those hand cannons very much you would eventually develop some kind of itis in your joints, Magnumitis. They are definatly not for plinking cans.
  • Like 1

Jerry is a bad man. The force that weapon exerts is crazy

That's cool slowmo video with the fire comming from the barrell, and the cylinder gap. Definatly shows you not to put your fingers around the cylinder.

What impressed me the most was the unorthodox grip he used. In his intial 3-shot string he used a normal revolver grip, but when he changed it up, his strong hand thumb was NOT wrapped around the backstrap!!!!

That man has hand strength that would make anyone jealous. To be able to hold that beast of a gun still for that many shots without even wrapping your thumb around the gun is just crazy.

What impressed me the most was the unorthodox grip he used. In his intial 3-shot string he used a normal revolver grip, but when he changed it up, his strong hand thumb was NOT wrapped around the backstrap!!!!

That man has hand strength that would make anyone jealous. To be able to hold that beast of a gun still for that many shots without even wrapping your thumb around the gun is just crazy.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm guessing it hurts like a son of a gun with that thing hitting the web of your hand. This way he must just be using pure grip strength and letting his palms absorb the recoil. Impressive for sure!

Jerry does a lot of shooting things "wrong" because it works for him.  He just isn't built like most of us.

For example, a lot of his revolvers have a dead smooth grip, and instead of chalk or other stuff to enhance his grip like many top shooters use, Jerry puts corn starch on his hands!

His reason is, if he "misses" his draw and gets a bad grip, he can just "muscle" the gun back into where it needs to be while he's shooting.  Normal people can't get away with stuff like that.   :pleased:

Jerry does a lot of shooting things "wrong" because it works for him.  He just isn't built like most of us.

For example, a lot of his revolvers have a dead smooth grip, and instead of chalk or other stuff to enhance his grip like many top shooters use, Jerry puts corn starch on his hands!

His reason is, if he "misses" his draw and gets a bad grip, he can just "muscle" the gun back into where it needs to be while he's shooting.  Normal people can't get away with stuff like that.   :pleased:

I'd argue that nothing he does is "wrong", LOL. The man is about as high on the shooting food chain as you can get and still improving, even at his age.

Judging by how little that S&W 500 moved in his paws, he must have the grip-strength of a mountain gorilla.

I'd argue that nothing he does is "wrong", LOL. The man is about as high on the shooting food chain as you can get and still improving, even at his age.

Judging by how little that S&W 500 moved in his paws, he must have the grip-strength of a mountain gorilla.

He does.  Shake hands with him at your own peril.  :eek:

And if you meet him, he will shake your hand.  He's just a super nice guy... I've shot at quite a few matches with him, and he'll just hang out and chew the fat with anyone that wants to talk to him.  He's a very humble, down to earth guy, who's always the quickest to laugh at himself.   :up:

Edited by dcloudy777

It did look like that was pretty uncomfortable to do, I know I wouldn't want to try it. I had a Raging Bull for a while in .454 Cassull, just a novelty gun for me, the only practical use for those is big game hunting and self defense against Smokey and Bullwinkle if you hike in Montana. I shot quite a few 250 to 300 grain loads from it, it sends a pretty good shock wave through your hand, wrist, and elbow. I think if you were to shoot those hand cannons very much you would eventually develop some kind of itis in your joints, Magnumitis. They are definatly not for plinking cans.

I believe he already suffers from some type damage in is palm. I remember him talking about it once in a shooting video.

I also think he said it is from shooting a lot of round in "higher" powered revolvers. He even gave a warning that it will happen to YOU if you shoot enough.

It's just part of shooting.

I believe he already suffers from some type damage in is palm. I remember him talking about it once in a shooting video.

I also think he said it is from shooting a lot of round in "higher" powered revolvers. He even gave a warning that it will happen to YOU if you shoot enough.

It's just part of shooting.

God only knows how many rounds he's fired through all guns in his lifetime.

Considering his wife is also a renown shooter and now his daughter is moving up in the ranks, I'd say he's doing it right! He shoots every kind of gun imaginable in his videos too and is damned good with all of them. I know I'd love to spend a week with him just soaking in some of the knowledge he's gathered over years.

I checked out him shooting the Barrett from the shoulder, 6 - .50cal rounds in 1 second???!!!

Jerry is the Chuck Norris of firearms.

Chuck Norris wishes.

Chuck Norris keeps Jerry's number handy in case he needs some shooting done.  

Mr. Miculek's abilities are pretty amazing.  I wish that I could shoot any, single handgun as well as it seems Mr. Miculek can shoot just about every, single gun.  I am sure doing that wasn't very comfortable - he even said in the video that it was a 'brutal' experience and just about all the 'fun' he wanted to have at one time.

The thing that got me most was the sheer size of the frame of that .500.  I have usually seen them (in video or the couple times I have seen one in an LGS) in a long-barrel configuration.  That makes the overall gun look like a hand howitzer but kind of 'balances' with the frame.  Mr. Miculek said that the one he was shooting is a four-inch barreled model.  On most revolvers, a four inch barrel looks pretty balanced and not short at all.  On that behemoth, a four inch barrel made it look like a snubbie!