CT45 Early Impressions

Speaking of less expensive .45s, I think the Kahr CT45 qualifies. Just ran 2 clips of round-nose lead and one rd. of Silvertip. No cycling problems. Quite a bit of muzzle rise. Not a double tap machine in my one or two hands. The one area I plan to improve is the addition of a rubber grip cover. The polymer grip is hatched with some pretty sharp edges. And the circumference is a tad small for my liking. Ordered Pachmayr and Hogue grips 2 days ago. The accompanying Manual still suggests 200 rds before reliability is established but 2 reviews have countered that argument. This is my first Kahr and I'm really liking the smooth trigger action and the curve design of the trigger. And the fact that it's spittin' the first few without hang-ups is a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I might mention for anyone on the fence about purchasing a Kahr, they are currently running a promo for a free extra Magazine until Oct.31st with purchase of Firearm.

I sent in paperwork last Tues. and got confirmation that my Mag is on the way today. Pretty good turn-around time.  And this CT continues to perform well, except for some of my reloads. I may need new dies.

Great post...but should I school you on the difference between Magazines and Clips aka stripper clips and ALA Garand embolic clips? Big grin here and playful poke in the rips at you since I've been "schooled" myself dozens of times over my shooting career. Enjoy your new pistol I believe you picked a winner. :wave:

I have a CW45 that has performed well with no failure to feed or ejection problems. I also hve th PM9 and I have fired over 350rds with no malfunctions. Kahr makes an excellant gun with a good trigger pull. Good luck with your CT45.