Acquiring out of state CDL, will it affect my permit?

• Moderators

[equote name="DaveTN" post="1207013" timestamp="1415404086"]Oh good, now I have to share 231 with someone crazier than me. biggrin.gif

Good luck with the new job.[/quote]

Yep. Just be nice as you pass me, and you will pass me. I'll be going nice and slow. :lol:

• Moderators
It is slow, but that doesn't bother me because they pay me more to go slow. The sleeper is small, but it is better than it looks from the picture. The passenger seat has been removed and that is where my fridge and microwave are going to go. It also has window curtains, so that helps make the space feel bigger. Hell, I've lived in apartments that honestly weren't much bigger than this truck. Not even kidding. I think I'll do ok out of this space.
  • Like 1

It is slow, but that doesn't bother me because they pay me more to go slow. The sleeper is small, but it is better than it looks from the picture. The passenger seat has been removed and that is where my fridge and microwave are going to go. It also has window curtains, so that helps make the space feel bigger. Hell, I've lived in apartments that honestly weren't much bigger than this truck. Not even kidding. I think I'll do ok out of this space.

In my youth I lived out of a tiny GMC cracker box cab over for about 15 months. I was a mover though, so always had space to keep brunt of my stuff in trailer.

hqdefault.jpg

Sleeping right over the engine. Once went 48 days in the winter without ever cutting the engine off, too cold to be sure could get it restarted. Some of the best zzzs I ever got, laying over that deep rumbling vibration each night, was like being back in a living womb. :)

- OS

• Like 2

I just got my new truck Friday morning when I got in off the road. Haven't even driven it yet. Leave out tomorrow night for Ohio. It's a '15 Pete 587. I love that new smell. Maybe we will meet up on the road one day. From Thanksgiving to Christmas I run a dedicated rout from FedEx in Nashville to the WalMart DC in Hopkinsville. It's only about a 100 mile round trip. Do 4-5 a day. 28f4c8a3c4919327e491a3139a1e0892.jpg16453aaf14cdf33d3b268d37c318415a.jpg

• Like 2

I just got my new truck Friday morning when I got in off the road. Haven't even driven it yet. Leave out tomorrow night for Ohio. It's a '15 Pete 587.

I have a question on your truck compared to the one next to it. (I know nothing about trucks.) Yours has the upper side windows but none in the front like the other truck. Is there something different on the layout of the inside of yours such that there's no room for windows, or is it just a difference in options on the truck?

I have a question on your truck compared to the one next to it. (I know nothing about trucks.) Yours has the upper side windows but none in the front like the other truck. Is there something different on the layout of the inside of yours such that there's no room for windows, or is it just a difference in options on the truck?

One is a Peterbilt (side windows), and the other is a Kenworth (front and side windows). Just a design preference.

It's just different designs. The KW660 is the truck on the left. My old one. Notice that the cab is much narrower than the sleeper and the Peterbilt is as wide as the sleeper. I like my new Pete. I'm in Connecticut now ready to unload in the morning. Been loving the new truck on it's first trip out. 780e522b96e64268ad2941f3042c3fc6.jpg
  • Like 1