Ultra light buffer

Just got this from taccom, feels like it weighs less but the 2 pieces weigh more than an empty carbine buffer.
This is for my ongoing make AR lighter kick I've been on w the help of Dolomite.
the only thing missing from the carbine buffer is an aluminum tube to go inside which would increase the weight slightly. I wanted a solution to replace a JP red UL buffer. Ultimate goal is light but w minimal muzzle rise and kick for faster target acquisition. The scale beat my judgement on this one:
beqerame.jpg
je4anute.jpg
hamagugy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Yes plastic, no problems w the JP buffer I had, looking to turn the gas down more and see what I get for muzzle rise....one end has a rubber pad on it so I'm anticipating that both buffers most come really close to making contact with each other. Am test firing today. Will report back! Edited by Dustbuster
Also makes you wonder if you could put a rate reducing buffer at the back and one of these or something shorter.

Ideally you do not want the buffer, bolt or any other part have a hard impact. The best solution would be something that stops just shy of the hard stop yet goes far enough to cycle.

Ran it today w steel and brass 55 g ammo, had to come out a half turn on the gas. It worked well! I'm in on this.

Good to know it's working. How well is the gun running vs your old buffer?

It's running good. at first I had steel hanging up from low gas, that one 1/4 turn brought it in check.
compared to the old buffer it's equal or better and feels good w minimal muzzle rise. Down n dirty? I like it better. As long as it holds up I'll be content. I will keep the JP on standby though. Also this setup is a complete JP low mass bcg and bolt.

One could make one out of aluminum to help with durability. You could also machine it to accept the plastic tip of a standard buffer. You could also add sand to the interior to act as a anti bounce weight.

Depending on how much I have left over I might make one out of titanium.

I make polymer spacers that take up space in a rifle buffer tube so I can use carbine buffers. Not because it is lighter though but because I have more carbine buffers around than rifle.
News flash the split buffer sucks.it killed me this past weekend. Ended up tossing the JP buffer back in and readjusting the gas. Running great again, no jams or FTE issues. I guess a spring change would have been in order but fixing it till it's broke ain't gonna happen again for sure...