XDS 9mm Recall - Are Pistols marked after Recall?

lshel

How do you know if a used XDS has been thru recall and returned if you buy used gun? Did SA mark the serial nos. or some other part of gun if processed for recall? Those that received guns back after recall was there a marking placed on gun or serial? I know paper work was returned, but I don't know if a physical mark was placed on return gun.

In two shot time drills, I am faster with XDS than when I had a Shield. Seems like XDS has faster trigger reset and fiber optic front sight picks up on target easier. SA answered my e-mail this morning with the same XDS picture that pops572 provided. 

....I am faster with XDS than when I had a Shield. Seems like XDS has faster trigger reset and fiber optic front sight picks up on target easier....

After shooting and carrying an XDS-45 for a few months, I liked enough to get a XDS-9.

I'd purchased an XDs 9mm myself on the tail end of the recall issues and another shooter showed me the roller pin indicating it was already a post recall model. FWIW I love it, nicest compact 9mm I've ever owned and along with my Ruger LCP a part of my rotational daily carry gear. Its also the first SA XD pistol I'd ever been willing to purchase after years of Glock pistol carry.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.