Rocks in the Head

She wants the rocks gone AND wants to sell them for hundreds of dollars - am i missing something or is that just silly?

Kinda like the "Free firewood" for the people who want a tree cut down lol. I'm not letting any knucklehead on my property with power tools!

• Like 4

Trekbike is right. Large stones are very much in demand for garden and lawn decorations. Pricing can range from bewildering to just totally absurd, depending on size, shape and coloration.

Look at the lawn and garden centers and you'll see some examples in almost very one.

Had I a way to easily move them myself, I'd have the front of my yard lined with one about every 3 to 4 feet. Just to stop the idiots who back into my yard to turn around.

• Admin Team

Well, heck. I'll sell similar rocks for $5 ea. I'll even provide you with a pick and shovel... of course, they are still buried in the ground....

I do you one better - I'll pay $5 for every rock that size anyone wants to take out of my yard.

Or, dig up the few remaining privet hedges I've got and I'll throw in the rocks for free.

• Like 3
Some of those are actually very nice. As to the value, I don't know. A friend of mines parents had a palm tree in their yard you could see from blocks around. A landscaper saw it and offered them $15,000 IIRC. It didn't happen as the tree was just too massive to move without driving a crane onto their neighbors house, but they still call it part of their retirement fund.

People will pay stupid money for stupid stuff.