Why are the little .327 Mags so expensive?

Intriguing little cartridge but not as versatile as the .357.  And if you do buy  then you havta add dies, cases, and bullets to the mix to shoot "economically".

IF I ever run into a "deal" where I get most everything I need for reloading, with the gun. Then I might pull the trigger.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The .32 Magnums have never caught on like manufacturers hoped.  The .32 H&R mag introduced in 1984 was expected to kill .38 Special sales.  It offered .38Spl performance in a smaller, lighter revolver as well as 6-shots for the size of a 5-shot revolver.  But sales have never been particularly brisk.

The new .327 Magnum promises .357 magnum performance with the other same promises as the .32 HR.  Sales proved to be equally disappointing.  I might buy in if someone would offer a quality lightweight pump or lever-action rifle in this caliber.  It would be ballistically similar to the .30 carbine in a 16" barrel and would be a really great woods carbine for small game.  The ability to shoot light, quiet .32 S&W loads would add to the versatility.

I once had a little .32 rolling block carbine that was a great lightweight bunny gun.  With .32 shorts it was as quiet as a BB gun.

The .32 Magnums have never caught on like manufacturers hoped.  The .32 H&R mag introduced in 1984 was expected to kill .38 Special sales.  It offered .38Spl performance in a smaller, lighter revolver as well as 6-shots for the size of a 5-shot revolver.  But sales have never been particularly brisk.

The new .327 Magnum promises .357 magnum performance with the other same promises as the .32 HR.  Sales proved to be equally disappointing.  I might buy in if someone would offer a quality lightweight pump or lever-action rifle in this caliber.  It would be ballistically similar to the .30 carbine in a 16" barrel and would be a really great woods carbine for small game.  The ability to shoot light, quiet .32 S&W loads would add to the versatility.

I once had a little .32 rolling block carbine that was a great lightweight bunny gun.  With .32 shorts it was as quiet as a BB gun.

Yes, I agree there would be place in my arsenal as well...............................................IF the darn revolvers weren't listed on GunBroker for $3-500 more than the same framed .357.

Yes, I agree there would be place in my arsenal as well...............................................IF the darn revolvers weren't listed on GunBroker for $3-500 more than the same framed .357.

Totally agree with you on that assessment. If the ammo itself didn't present enough issues; the absurdity of the pistol costs for those chambered for 327 just make it too much to readily go for one. And I do like the round.

But a carbine for it would be awesome.

I just got a couple of .32 long revolvers from my grandmothers estate with 75-100 rnds of ammo and the first thing I thought was I am going to have to buy some dies. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......