Did You See Walmart AR15 Clearance Event

runco

Sure glad I found this today, because I had I have known, I would have found some lame reason to buy one.  I was at the Walmart in Madisonville today, and they had virtually all of their AR15s on clearance.  I am not talking a few dollars, but hundreds, and that Sig 716 that has been $1999 for the past year, was on clearance for $997.  I was tempted to snag the Sig 522 for $346.  But I was good and disciplined.  No purchase! 

Not all stores are participating - Colt LE6920 Magpul Black or FDE $849, LE6920 SOCOM $997, LE6940 $997, Sig 716 (was $1999) now $997, Remington 887 tactical $267, Bushmaster $499.  These were all in stock today at my Wally except the 887 tactical. 

Why did I pick this week for all weeks just to visit Walmart once and only today!  Why didn't you alert me from TGO land!  :mad:

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/walmartclearance_zps851641b5.jpg.html]walmartclearance_zps851641b5.jpg[/URL]

I couldn't have passed up the Sig 716 for that.  Glad I wasn't there either.

Edit: I called my local WM and they didn't have the Sig on sale.  Had they had it for that price I would have had to take a quick trip.  

Edited by Hozzie

On another forum, someone wrote they bought a Henry Golden Boy 22 for $267 or something, and has he was being walked out, he asked the manager about the clearance, and the manager said this was just for the week of fathers day, and tomorrow pricing would return to normal.  No change in gun policy.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/4110052553/p/1

Edited by Runco
[quote name="vontar" post="1159467" timestamp="1402886645"]wow, almost makes you wonder if something big is in the works. [/quote] No just really down sales numbers and lots of backorders rolling in.

No just really down sales numbers and lots of backorders rolling in.

My wife is in retail for the Walmart for folks that are too good for Walmart (Target) and that is it in a nutshell. Sales are down all across the board in nearly all departments.

Even in my business we are having soft numbers, and that is not something that normally comes with summer. We have been steadily thrumming along through the whole latest recession, so I am not that worried, but I am not impressed with the numbers I am seeing right now.

That was why we saw the biggest push ever for Father's Day this year.

Avoid that Sig 716 if it isn't the latest generation.

There are a ton on threads on the Sig forums about FTF and FTE issues as well as scratching and denting brass.

Police Mag even had to send their back for warranty.

Mine does all of the above. I'm going to send it back for warranty shortly.

Only way to run M80 is over gassed and it still screws up once or twice per mag.

My Sig 716:

ju7eneja.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My wife is in retail for the Walmart for folks that are too good for Walmart (Target) and that is it in a nutshell. Sales are down all across the board in nearly all departments.

Even in my business we are having soft numbers, and that is not something that normally comes with summer. We have been steadily thrumming along through the whole latest recession, so I am not that worried, but I am not impressed with the numbers I am seeing right now.

That was why we saw the biggest push ever for Father's Day this year.

I suspect the ammunition things is affecting sales.

[quote name="bowtieguy" post="1159693" timestamp="1402972502"]Makes you wonder though if they can sell it for a grand, how much markup is there?[/quote] I can tell you that it is WAY below distributor cost but they are probably getting it direct from Sig and on a purchase contract. I figure they are probably breaking even on that gun.