Canon 6d $1,899.99 (I want I want I want!)

• Moderators

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-6D-Digital-Camera-with-Canon-24-105mm-f-4-0L-IS-USM-AF-Lens-NEW-/290858311072?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item43b8819da0

So on Ebay there is that "deal". Keep in mind that is an "L" series lense worth close to $1000. Now, I suspect this camera is "grey market", which may or may not make a difference to me at all.

In the description:

Manufacturer Warranty: Yes

This item is 100% Brand New!. In Some cases the Canon EOS 6D Could not come with a Warranty card, Or if there is a situation with Canon honoring the warranty, Best Stop Deals will offer 1 Year store warranty from the time of purchase. Covering the same coverage as if it was Canons warranty.

So that makes me suspect grey market. Right now I have a T3i but have been desiring to step up to full frame. If I got the camera, I'd have to get rid of my 55-250mm IS II lens but that's no big deal.

So I figure I could sell the T3i w/ kit & 55-250mm lens for ~$700. I'm shooting a wedding in a few weeks and should come out around $400 from that. That leaves me around 799.99 for the "upgrade".

I want it so so so bad but I'm trying to talk myself out of in to it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way am I messing with grey market equipment or letting anyone but Canon touch my gear.  I bought a 1D Mark IV off of Amazon last year and the review screen on the back of the camera had been replaced, very poorly.  I sent it in to Canon as soon as I got it and got everything straitened out.  The people at Canon couldn't believe someone had done that.  You may want to get a CPS membership (Canon Professional Services) I always run serials through them before I purchase anything to make sure it's not grey market.  If you use your camera much it will goes down, mine gets sent in for repair about twice per year on average.  My experience has been that Canon makes the best repairs to it's own products, yet they will not service grey market equipment.

Guest Broomhead

Costco has the Canon 70D (20.2mp) kit with an 18-55mm lens, a 55-250mm lens, 32gb card, and built-in wifi to phone, tablet, printer, tv, etc. for $1299. I was just shopping for a new camera recently myself, but I ponied up for the Nikon D7100 kit because it had the 18-200mm lens, dual memory card slots, and has 24.1mp. It also had a lot of built-in features that I didn't know about that were a plus.

So you get what you pay for. You too both agree that it is 99% likely to be a grey-market camera? Guess I should stick to authorized sources.

Not saying that it is, just saying I'd be sure that it isn't before pulling the trigger.

• Moderators

I asked the guy this:

I notice you claim this camera comes with a manufacturer's warranty, yet
you also claim that this camera may not come with a warranty card or Canon
may not honor the warranty.

Is this camera and lens considered "grey
market"? Can you prove that this camera would be covered under the Canon
warranty?

He answered:

This is a genuine Canon camera and lens and is covered for one year, if
Canon does not honor their warranty because we are selling the item below
MSRP then we are backing it up with our own Best Stop Deals one year