Interesting read from Chattanooga, TN

All....

I simply don't like the news coverage in the Knoxville area; so I regularly read the Chattanooga news via WDVF...

They tend to simply report what happened in the state news section; which i like... I found this this mornin....

http://www.wdef.com/content/news/crime/story/Handgun-Carry-Permits-Double-in-2013/dvLLw2TIAEul1nz7IwB1AQ.cspx

The link says it all... Tennessee Handgun permits doubled in 2013... 

A very interesting and informative factoid...   The "anti gun" rhetoric ain't workin....

Enjoy,

leroy

• Like 2

I'd say they are still pushing an agenda, but maybe not as obviously as some others. Their assertion that mass shootings are increasing is not true, and neither is the crime rate. 

Mass shooting by year

Mass%20Shootings%201980-2010.jpg

Crime rate by year

Crimeratebyyear_zps37c29190.png

I'd say they are still pushing an agenda, but maybe not as obviously as some others. Their assertion that mass shootings are increasing is not true, and neither is the crime rate. 

er

Mass shooting by year

Mass%20Shootings%201980-2010.jpg

Crime rate by year

Crimeratebyyear_zps37c29190.png

I agree as to the "agenda" thing... Most all the syndicated news media are anti-gun; this bunch just did an interestin job of presenting it; so to speak... The "big hitter" to me was the 100% increase in handgun carry permits in Tennessee in 2013; many of which were women... 

As to the local Chattanooga thing; In spite of what is being said by the "political class" in the Mayor's and Chief of Police office;  in inner city Chattanooga; there is an epidemic of gang activity, pillaging, robbing, and raping goin on in the usual places, and everybody that lives there knows it...  

As to the "more gun control agenda" thing; the great thing is that folks ain't buyin it here or anywhere else where "real people" live... VIS the 100% increase in Tennessee Carry Permits in 2013.... 

leroy

Hey,

Quit clouding the issue with facts and charts.

Gun control and the 2A is all about feeeeelings.

You could probably produce another one of those fancy charts showing mass shootings are not perpetrated by citizens who legally own and carry firearms too.

• Like 1