Five Dead in Las Vegas Shooting

When this story first broke, I read one of the local TV stations web posting, the shooters said let the revolution begin after taking the dead officers guns,

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25723142/2-metro-officers-shot-near-nellis-and-stewart

LAS VEGAS -- Two Metro Police officers were killed while they ate lunch Sunday at a pizza restaurant in the northeast Las Vegas.

Sheriff Doug Gillespie identified the two officers as Alyn Beck and Igor Soldo. Both were shot at CiCi's Pizza on North Nellis Boulevard  near Stewart Avenue around 11:22 a.m.

"It is truly a tragic day here in the Las Vegas valley," said Sheriff Doug Gillespie at an afternoon news conference. "We have lost two officers with young families."

Beck, 41, had been employed with Metro since 2001 and leaves behind a wife and three children. Soldo, 31, has been employed with Metro since 2006 and leaves behind a wife and baby.

According to police, a man and woman walked into a the restaurant at 309 N. Nellis and appeared to target the two Metro officers who were eating lunch. One person shot one officer in the head. The second person shot the second officer. One of the officers was able to shoot at the suspects.

Police say witnesses told them the suspects took the police officers' guns and ammunition and, as they were walking out of the restaurant after the shooting, they said, " tell the police the revolution has begun."

The two suspects then left the restaurant and went into the Wal-Mart store across the street where they shot and killed a woman near the front doors, police said. Metro officers converged on the store and exchanged gunfire with the suspects. Minutes later, police heard more gunfire from the suspects. They believe the female suspect shot the male suspect and then turned the gun on herself. Both suspects died.

Pauline Pacheco, a shopper in Wal-Mart, saw the armed man and grabbed her father so they could escape.

"We saw when the man was walking, he was shouting, yelling bad words, and suddenly he had a gun," she said. "It was terrible, it was terrible. That man was crazy."

Metro Police has asked all of its officers to shroud their badges in honor of their fallen co-workers. They are also having officers double up in their squad cars so no officer is riding alone.

The woman shot at Wal-Mart had not been identified.

Police advise people to avoid the area of Nellis and Stewart. The intersection is closed to traffic while the investigation continues.

Governor Brian Sandoval issued the following statement after the shooting:

“I am devastated by the news today of two officers and an innocent bystander who were murdered in an act of senseless violence. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. I am receiving regular updates with regard to this tragedy and local and state law enforcement are assisting at the scene.”

• Moderators
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1156792" timestamp="1402287224"]Wow. So, does that fit into your anarchist-libertarian viewpoint? - OS[/quote] Cantwell is a little more aggressive than I am with regards to local level LE. However I completely agree that their paychecks are derived from ill gotten gains. Taxation=theft. I do agree with the larger point that prematurely throwing yourself on the pile of corpses is a waste. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A perspective to consider.

http://www.christophercantwell.com/2014/06/08/dead-men-dont-start-revolutions/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Are you fucking kidding me? You post that crap mocking a person getting murdered. Justifying a murder based on their occupation as a LEO. You hate people because of their job that is legal and that probably 99% are honest hard working officers. You and the rest of the revolution / cop haters can go in some dark corner and live your miserable lives.
  • Like 5

A perspective to consider.

http://www.christophercantwell.com/2014/06/08/dead-men-dont-start-revolutions/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well I read it and I considered it and I think Christopher Cantwell needs to do something good for his country. He needs put a long rope around his neck and jump off some bridge somewhere that he has enough momentum that when the rope tightens it separates his head from his body and leaves a post on his face book page telling all of his readers goodbye because he is crazy if that is his way of thinking.............JMHO

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 2
Guest theconstitutionrocks

While I absolutely do view this as a senseless cowardly act with no remote tie to any "revolution" (tacticool wannabees), the question that always surfaces in my mind is why the death of a LEO, a soldier, an EMT, etc, seems to carry so much more weight than the death of a common citizen, especially when NOT engaged in criminal activity. I fully understand that public servants voluntarily agree to do jobs that are sometimes hazardous but their lives are no more valuable than the average Joe on the street.

While I absolutely do view this as a senseless cowardly act with no remote tie to any "revolution" (tacticool wannabees), the question that always surfaces in my mind is why the death of a LEO, a soldier, an EMT, etc, seems to carry so much more weight than the death of a common citizen, especially when NOT engaged in criminal activity. I fully understand that public servants voluntarily agree to do jobs that are sometimes hazardous but their lives are no more valuable than the average Joe on the street.

No one said their lives are more important. There is the same outrage with the victims are innocent citizens, school shooting victims aren’t cops.

The outrage comes when people try to justify their actions or claim to be starting a revolution by killings cops. These people are too stupid to understand that when they decide to have their "revolution" American Patriots will drop them in their tracks as fast as cops will.

Our military is our defenders overseas; cops are defenders here. I support them in any way I can.
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
[quote name="Pain103" post="1156808" timestamp="1402294610"]Are you ####ing kidding me? You post that crap mocking a person getting murdered. Justifying a murder based on their occupation as a LEO. You hate people because of their job that is legal and that probably 99% are honest hard working officers. You and the rest of the revolution / cop haters can go in some dark corner and live your miserable lives.[/quote] My life isn't miserable, it's actually pretty good. You should consider who you are talking to when throwing out words like "legal". To someone like me legal/illegal doesn't matter much when discussing morality of initiating violence against otherwise peaceful people. The initiation of aggression against peaceful people is immoral. The vast majority of the LEO's job is the initiation of aggression against innocent people. When you arrest a nonviolent person for any crime without specific victim, you commit an immoral act of violence. Regardless of whatever badge, uniform, title or whatever position someone holds, it does not grant them license to commit violence towards the innocent. If that innocent party chooses to use violence to defend themselves from said immoral act of aggression, so be it. It is no different than someone defending themselves against any other random person on the street intent on doing violence towards them. To be clear, I don't hate cops. I even have several officers in local LE that I consider friends. What I do hate is what they are expected to do in their job. If all they did was go after those who commit violence against others instead of initiating violence, I wouldn't have any issue with the job at all. I still would view it as being funded through violence, cause taxation is theft, but hey, nothing's perfect. Right? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2
  • Moderators
[quote name="DaveTN" post="1156820" timestamp="1402309894"]you are allowed to post garbage like this but we are not allowed to respond in the fashion it deserves or we will be banned.[/quote] Like any other view, even ones that I may hold personally repugnant, the response it deserves is always to attack the idea itself in a calm and reasoned manner. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I think the majority of LEO's are in the field to help people and make a difference. Sure some make up the difference of short man syndrome with the badge but I think it's a small minority.
After what I see in public I commend the LE community for dealing with the scumbags and those that are willing to steal/hurt/murder others for their little bit of gain. Plus the system lets too many offenders off too easy inmo. That would drive me nuts if I were out there trying to make a difference.
Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% against speed traps, checkpoints and cameras to generate revenue. It is like the 3rd Reich out there at times and that is beyond un-American! Edited by Ugly

Cantwell is a little more aggressive than I am with regards to local level LE. However I completely agree that their paychecks are derived from ill gotten gains. Taxation=theft. I do agree with the larger point that prematurely throwing yourself on the pile of corpses is a waste. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He's way off base. This was an initiation of violence by these scumbags and indefensible. This was no revolution, just a couple of lowlifes looking for an excuse to kill some people.

• Moderators
[quote name="tnguy" post="1156902" timestamp="1402329783"]He's way off base. This was an initiation of violence by these scumbags and indefensible. This was no revolution, just a couple of lowlifes looking for an excuse to kill some people.[/quote] I didn't and don't endorse everything Cantwell wrote in this piece. I only offer it up as a view worth considering. There are portions of the article that are valid. Others, not so much. Take what is of value, leave the rest. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2

I didn't and don't endorse everything Cantwell wrote in this piece. I only offer it up as a view worth considering. There are portions of the article that are valid. Others, not so much. Take what is of value, leave the rest. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I didn't think it was very Chucktshoesish :)