Did something never thought I would do today!!

Well I never thought I would ever part with it but I sold my Skeeter Bass Boat today and carport is empty. This is the first time since 1982 I have not owned a bass boat boat of some kind. I'm not really sure when I lost the desire to go bass fishing but it was a gradual thing. I just began going less and less as I got older and last year boat only was in  the lake 3 times all summer. I would look at it sitting there and I began actually feeling sorry for the boat because I knew it was always lake ready and all I had to do was hook up and go but just didn't. Oh well , life goes on I guess.  Kasey is lost and laying here beside me because her favorite place to lay was under the boat. Might wind up being a.......... :doh:     moment in my life before it is over.

Edited by bersaguy
You could always rent one or go with a bud if you get the urge. Just think of what you're saving with insurance and registration. Mud you can channel that money towards another hobby.
I think you made a good call, if it was 3 times last year it would probably be zero times this year, and the next and the next.
I never got the money's worth out of my boat and you have to make the call eventually.
Poor dog though!

Separation anxiety perhaps? LOL

Seriously, I do understand the feeling though. Anytime you let go of something that has been an important part of your life for so very long as it has for you, it will leave a hole for some time. One that you'll need to fill somehow, some way.

thanks for all the replies. Kasey has gone out and came back in and laid down beside me about 6 times since it left. She misses it a lot. In all honesty I did sell it but Son in law bought it so it is still in the family and I have access to it if and when I should ever decide to go fishing again but I know he will take great care of it and it will get used with him which is something it was not getting from me. I don't think I would have sold it knowing it was leaving the family. He has already mentioned storing it here till he gets a garage built for it so i will probably be back in the carport soon. Yea, I a saving the money on Insurance for sure. $235.00 a year for it to sit in carport. I already have a new hobby which is guns and I went from zero to about 10 in 4 years and got ammo up the yazoo and had to buy a bigger safe for it. I know Raoul said I need to buy another gun. What I need to do first is sell a couple guns.......... :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by bersaguy

I was in the same boat, pun intended!

Sold my 20 foot fiberglass bass boat with the 200 h.p. Mercury ten years ago after a bad fishing trip and "another" severe sun / wind burn. That was the trip that culminated in my basil cell melanoma.

Funny thing, all of a sudden I had more disposable cash after getting rid of the boat and the wife started talking to me???? Go figure?

I heard somebody once say the 2 happiest days in a boat-owner's life are they day they buy it and the day they sell it. Doesn't sound like that rings true, huh?

Well It is like losing an old friend in a lot of ways. They are gone but the many good times you had together last till you get told to remember them or you die....................The reasoning that caused the statement you quoted are over the years bass boats have become, well how should I put this???  Ridiculously priced to what you could have bought a nice house for back several years ago and most guys were making payments on boats long after they had blown the engine and the boat was falling apart long after the warranties were long forgotten. That is where that statement you mentioned came from. I know a guy right now that just went and bought his new Phoenix Bass Boat and it "ONLY" cost his $77,000.00 after trade in of his 2003 Stratos Bass Boat. He financed it for 15 years to keep his payments low and will end up pay well over $100,000.00 when and if he lives long enough to pay for it. When I got mine I just sold in 1998 I gave $20,000.00 for it still had all the original equipment it came with and was only in the shop for maintenance. Never needed a repair so evidently I got a boat built on a Wednesday and I wrote a check for it. No financing. kept it 15 years and still got half what I paid for it when I bought it and used it all those years. So year I guess that saying may work for some but not in my instance.

I'm happy that my mind has never entertained a thought like that.

Well I actually bought these few guns for family that had plans of getting HCP's and now they are going to put off getting them for a while so they don't want to pay for the guns now either so I have money invested and it's not my fault they have decided to put off getting them but they don't care because it is not their money tied up so I will sell these and when they get ready to take the tests they can shoot some of my guns to get the HCP"s and then go buy their own guns..................jmho

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 2

Well It is like losing an old friend in a lot of ways. They are gone but the many good times you had together last till you get told to remember them or you die....................The reasoning that caused the statement you quoted are over the years bass boats have become, well how should I put this???  Ridiculously priced to what you could have bought a nice house for back several years ago and most guys were making payments on boats long after they had blown the engine and the boat was falling apart long after the warranties were long forgotten. That is where that statement you mentioned came from. I know a guy right now that just went and bought his new Phoenix Bass Boat and it "ONLY" cost his $77,000.00 after trade in of his 2003 Stratos Bass Boat. He financed it for 15 years to keep his payments low and will end up pay well over $100,000.00 when and if he lives long enough to pay for it. When I got mine I just sold in 1998 I gave $20,000.00 for it still had all the original equipment it came with and was only in the shop for maintenance. Never needed a repair so evidently I got a boat built on a Wednesday and I wrote a check for it. No financing. kept it 15 years and still got half what I paid for it when I bought it and used it all those years. So year I guess that saying may work for some but not in my instance.

I know this is the world we live in, if I make it to say 90 I might go finance me a fancy bass boat for 15 years. I'm sorry but that is nothing but stupid.  Besides I like aluminim boats I can actually fish out of and bang around on rocks and logs because that seems to be where the big fish are anyways.

I know this is the world we live in, if I make it to say 90 I might go finance me a fancy bass boat for 15 years. I'm sorry but that is nothing but stupid.  Besides I like aluminim boats I can actually fish out of and bang around on rocks and logs because that seems to be where the big fish are anyways.

At age 90 I would guess they will ask for cash because they know chances of you making it to 110 years old, slim and chances of you running across the lake with your grey hair blowing in the wind even slimmer................ :rofl: :rofl: :rock: :rock:

• Like 1

I sympathize. For me it was the bicycles. My knee just couldn't handle it any longer. Turning the page on a part of your life is tough.

My solution for you is to buy a gun.

or three.

hell a dozen would be cheaper in the long run than owning a boat

• Like 2

Go to outpost right now and get a Barrett mrad right now w 1000 rounds and meet us at the range!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

????????................ :shrug: :shrug:

Treat yourself to a nice gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I have a few nice guns but nothing that nice. I have had the opportunity to sit down behind one of those and shoot it all I wanted for free and I declined the offer and the owner left the offer open to me anytime I want to do it. My Son in laws brother is an FFLIII dealer and owns 2 of them and has a range on his 1500 acre ranch with markers and targets out to 1000 yards in his back yard. You walk out on the back deck and just sit down and begin shooting anything he has in his armory you can shoot if you know him. The reason I declined was because he mentioned that he had a 60 coming back then and probably has it by now. I figured my Son in Law and I would make a time we could go out there and I could shoot the 50 and the 60. That would fulfill 2 items at once of things to do on my bucket list of things to do before I die. Will probably do it this month or next month when son in law has time and his brother is in town. Will post the results of my experience with both guns when I have shot them. He has assured me my shoulders will not be affected by either gun so guess I will find out huh?  

Sold mine in 2013. It sucks ass. I miss my boat. My sorry ass friends don't ever want to go fishing when I do.
The idea was sell, pay off a small loan I took for a truck. Save cash for another boat slightly newer boat. Horsecrap! As much as decent bass boats that I'd be comfortable running 30-40 miles in at KY Lake (like my old one) are so damn expensive I'll be too old to fish by the time I'm able to save for one on my measly earnings. I'm about to say piss on Dave Ramesey and finance another boat. That was about the dumbest thing I ever did. Your dog oughta bite you. Lol Edited by JWC

Sold mine in 2013. It sucks ass. I miss my boat. My sorry ass friends don't ever want to go fishing when I do.
The idea was sell, pay off a small loan I took for a truck. Save cash for another boat slightly newer boat. Horsecrap! As much as decent bass boats that I'd be comfortable running 30-40 miles in at KY Lake (like my old one) are so damn expensive I'll be too old to fish by the time I'm able to save for one on my measly earnings. I'm about to say piss on Dave Ramesey and finance another boat. That was about the dumbest thing I ever did. Your dog oughta bite you. Lol

My dog is very happy right now out laying under the boat in the carport. It will be staying here when son in law is not fishing as he has no building to put it in but planning on building a garage for it. Knowing my Son in law and his planning and doing are many miles apart and he might get that garage built about 2020 if then so boat will be here with vicious guard dog protection........... :rofl: :rofl: :rock:

Guard dog on duty::::

[URL=http://s218.photobucket.com/user/softbaitmaker/media/Kasey%20and%20Girl%20Dog/PictureorVideo070_zps1b326171.jpg.html]PictureorVideo070_zps1b326171.jpg[/URL]