Wild Raspberries

In case anyone here isn't aware of them, they are just now beginning to ripen, and in my opinion, they are one of the best fruits found in nature.

Here's what they look like:

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2520_zps2d2e9256.jpg.html]IMG_2520_zps2d2e9256.jpg[/URL]

If you find these, try them. They make great pies, jelly, or are good to just eat by the handfuls.

• Like 1

yep but you need to be careful for the not so friendly sneaky crawling critters also. They go their to eat the critters that come to eat the Berry's. I like them a lot but like black Berries more................ :up: :up:

yep but you need to be careful for the not so friendly sneaky crawling critters also. They go their to eat the critters that come to eat the Berry's. I like them a lot but like black Berries more................ :up: :up:

Really? I think the raspberries are much better than blackberries. Plus, the raspberries are here. You still have to wait for the blackberries. :yum:

Edited by gregintenn

Really? I think the raspberries are much better than blackberries. Plus, the raspberries are here. You still have to wait for the blackberries. :yum:

Well maybe it's because I have never had Raspberry Cobbler is why i like Black berry's better............... :drool: :drool:

Mulberries are just getting about right too, judging by one isolated tree I pass fairly regularly.

- OS

I grew up eating those OS. We had about 4 trees full of them in side yard of house but had to beat the birds to them.......... :rofl: :rofl:

I have a mulberry tree in my back yard. I've been here 11 years, and have yet to get to eat one. The birds be me to them, and I'm too old and fat to climb the tree. I have eaten mulberries, however, and they are very good.

There's a mulberry tree on my job site and me and one of the messicans have picked clean all the branches we could reach. Everyone else acts like they're too good to eat off a tree.

Two years ago, I found a place right along a road, that was loaded with blackberry bushes. Unfortunately, I got to them at the end of the season, and most of them were dried up. I kept my eye on them last year to make sure I got there in time. One weekend, I went and checked on them and determined that they would be perfectly ripe by the following Wednesday, which I happened to have the day off. There was an outstanding crop, and I could already taste the wine that I was going to make with them.

Wednesday comes, and I get all my gear together and head on over. As I rounded the corner, I was horrified to see that someone had bush-hogged the entire area! They couldn't wait one more week. They completely destroyed all the bushes and berries.

My Rasberry bushes are going crazy right now. I got about 10-15 berries of each bush last night and think there is about another 10 on each ready to pick. I think next year I will be adding 2 more bushes. The 3 I have right now are keeping the kids happy every morning for breakfast, just not a whole lot left for the rest of us.

I have some thornless blackberry bushes set out, and will have some berries this year.  I was all set to have a bumper crop last year but something, maybe WAY too much rain, nearly killed the plants when they were full of

green berries.

Ugh. we just bought a house and were all excited to find a patch of wild raspberrie plants out back. Not having a lawn mower yet i paid a neighbors friend to do the lawn for us.

He leveled every one of them :rant: :stick:

They are already starting to come back but no fruit this year :cry:

I have been waiting for 15 years to pick a few May apples. Haven't had any since I was a kid but I can't seem to beat the turtles and deer.

DS, I don't know exactly how May apples grow, but if they're like regular apples, you must have some pretty cool tree-climbing turtles out there in Grainger County...

DS, I don't know exactly how May apples grow, but if they're like regular apples, you must have some pretty cool tree-climbing turtles out there in Grainger County...

They are a ground plant:

1024px-Podophyllum_peltatum_Single_Leaf.

The "apples":

May+apples+24+June.jpg

- OS