Vietnam Part: V

Don't know why the Chinese (now twice), the French, Russians, and the US keep getting sucked into the Pit of Despair, but it looks like China wants another go. Now if NK and Vietnam kick up, then the already angered Japanese get on board this could get interesting fast. Oh Don't forget the Taiwanese, Philippines, and just about everyone else in the Asian theatre that China has been strong arming and it just might bring China to it's knees. This could get interesting depending on China's level of arrogance.

http://chinadailymai...vietnam-border/

Well I have never liked Chinese products being sold here anyway and if they continue burning enough plants that make stuff to send here to sell maybe we will begin to see more Made in America products on store shelves. As far as the Chinese going to war with Vietnam, won't be much of a war. China could win that war using baseball bats since they will not be supplying Vietnam with arms and men like they did when we fought the Vietnamese. I say bring all of our troops out of SK and let the Orientals fight it out among themselves. This problem has been brewing for several years now and it looks like the pot might finally boil over............jmho

• Like 1

The line at the bottom of the article says it all.  China has disputes with nearly all of its neighbors.

In one form or another China has always been the bully in the Orient but when you have 1 million+ in your standing army I guess you are the big dog on the street so you can make the little dogs stay on the porch. All  I can say is it is sure going to get really messy over there if all of the neighbors come together to teach the big dog a lesson............jmho  I just hope the Guy in the White House does not get stupid ideas again and draw any lines in the sand.............. :hiding: :hiding: 

[quote name="SWJewellTN" post="1153210" timestamp="1401387588"]IIRC, China and Vietnam have gone to war numerous times over the centuries.[/quote] Pretty sure that Chinese soldiers raped and pillaged their way across N. Vietnam in the '50s. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure that Chinese soldiers raped and pillaged their way across N. Vietnam in the '50s. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Thailand Cambodia and Laos too so yea , they don't have a lot of friends around them but have made their share of enemies, thats for sure..

• Like 1

The line at the bottom of the article says it all.  China has disputes with nearly all of its neighbors.

And the ones they're "friendly" with could find themselves on the wrong end of the dragon. I wonder how long before China will decide they want the treasure chest that is Siberia. I doubt they're stupid enough to try it on Putin's watch, but I could see them annexing it under a weaker Russian leader, or if Russia gets involved in a real war in the west and can't fight 2 fronts.

Edited by monkeylizard

China has always been the country you equate with loud neighbors, oozing cathouses, thump thump music and Richard Lewis singing broadway tunes in a feminine off pitch key...no offense to any asian descent members here from proc...lots of noise, theft and unrest thats always unproductive.....except for the few that want good deal...Booger Jr in N Korea is the one ive got crosshairs on....that lil cat turd is capable of some stirring up some crap..

Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 3

China has always been the country you equate with loud neighbors, oozing cathouses, thump thump music and Richard Lewis singing broadway tunes in a feminine off pitch key...no offense to any asian descent members here from proc...lots of noise, theft and unrest thats always unproductive.....except for the few that want good deal...Booger Jr in N Korea is the one ive got crosshairs on....that lil cat turd is capable of some stirring up some crap..

yep, he is but the only country he dare try to test is just below him and the only thing stopping him is the American Force stationed there. He is like the Iranians running those toy boats out there threatening one of our Destroyers or Aircraft Carriers. It's like a mouse trying to pick a fight with an elephant and we all know how that would go. Maybe with any luck at all Iran or N Korea will pick a fight with China and get squashed like a bug against a windshield at 70MPH and that will be one or two less bad guys we need to worry about over there...................jmho

If China gets itself into a serious conflict it can affect us in a major way. Imagine if all imports from China were reduced by 50%. People in America would loose their minds until a replacement supplier stepped up. It would take a year or more for any type of US manufacturing to actually start producing from scratch.

I have always said that if China stopped exporting to the US we would turn into a third world country over night because almost everything we buy, food and goods, comes from China now. Things we use day to day would disappear overnight. The question is who would survive a long term situation like that, us or China.

And the really big question would be who would the US side with? If we side with everyone other than China then we risk having their imports cutoff or their refusal to lend us any more money. Or if we side with China, a communist country, and have the rest of the world condemn us.
  • Like 2

If China gets itself into a serious conflict it can affect us in a major way. Imagine if all imports from China were reduced by 50%. People in America would loose their minds until a replacement supplier stepped up. It would take a year or more for any type of US manufacturing to actually start producing from scratch.

I have always said that if China stopped exporting to the US we would turn into a third world country over night because almost everything we buy, food and goods, comes from China now. Things we use day to day would disappear overnight. The question is who would survive a long term situation like that, us or China.

And the really big question would be who would the US side with? If we side with everyone other than China then we risk having their imports cutoff or their refusal to lend us any more money. Or if we side with China, a communist country, and have the rest of the world condemn us.

I would hope and pray that we don't side with any Communist country period. I can eat dry beans and water bread if need be and hunt wild small game till American manufacturing gets started back producing goods and products. In all reality I think there are many American industries still well capable of producing products and goods and are just doing it on a very limited scale and with all the people unemployed they could hire and be back up and fully operational pretty quick. I'm sure the Japanese didn't think we could build war machines as fast as we did after Pearl Harbor too but we proved them wrong. This is America and we can do it again if we need to. I'm not a quitter and I don't think the American people are either and yes I am an optimist.................. :up:  :usa:  :usa:

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

I'm sure the Japanese didn't think we could build war machines as fast as we did after Pearl Harbor too but we proved them wrong.

At least one did. Admiral Yamamoto told the Prime Minister:

In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success.

The battle of Midway ended 6 months to the day from Pearl Harbor. It was the beginning of the end for Japan.

China attempted to put North Vietnam in their place back in the late 70's. Didn't workout real well for them and they ended up losing some territory to the NVA. China might want to think a little about that. Edited by Moped

China attempted to put North Vietnam in their place back in the late 70's. Didn't workout real well for them and they ended up losing some territory to the NVA. China might want to think a little about that.

Yea , it's funny how things you do can turn around and bite you in the a$$ huh. China supplied NV with arms and war machines and even men on the ground to defeat the Americans and they did. Thing is NV still has all of those weapons and gave China a lot more than they were prepared to deal within the late 70's. We did the same thing in Afghanistan back in the 70's when were supplied the Afgan's with war machines and arms and even sent men over there to train them on the weapons and they ended up kicking Russia's butt with them. Osama Bin Laden was one of the Afgan rebels best sttudents that we trained on how to kick Russia's butt and he sent his thank you for our help twice. Once when he ordered the bombing in the basement of the World trade center in 1992 and the second thank you came in the form of Airplanes being hijacked and flown into the Twin towers, Pentagon and a field in Pennsylvanian on (/11/2001. That is what happens when you help people that hate your guts and you know it and are still stupid enough to do it anyway.............jmho 

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

At least one did. Admiral Yamamoto told the Prime Minister:

The battle of Midway ended 6 months to the day from Pearl Harbor. It was the beginning of the end for Japan.

Yamamoto was the Admiral that answer the question of why they didn't attack the USA mainland and his comment was because we would lose. There is a gun behind every blade of grass in that country!!!