Stock up some lowers

I just gotta say, these guys are on the ball! I sent an email after I ordered asking if they already had D&Ts FFL on file. I already got a friendly reply telling me they do have it on file. Wow! I totally didn't expect a response until tomorrow, if at all!
Good price, good quality lower, I've used their blems before and been pleased. But I already have plenty of spare lowers, and I don't really need any more, and I don't have the extra cash right now. Plus I've got more than a few things on the list ahead of these. So I only ordered 4... :) Thanks for sharing! Edited by wileecoyote
[quote name="BigK" post="1153221" timestamp="1401389354"]Looks like their non-blems are already pretty darn cheap at $50. [url="http://fatboytactical.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=411"]http://fatboytactical.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21&products_id=411[/url][/quote] Yep I think I gave that for my non blems a few months ago. I will say the only think I haven't liked about them is that their finish has a little more sheen to it than most companies.
Well for once I was a good boy. Didn't order even a single one. I was tempted, but I've got some back orders due in from Brownells and some other stuff due from PSA any week now. Besides, I'm on my 4th build now, and still have another to knock out, and that's all just preparation for doing my TGO build. (Yes I still have my TGO CMT upper and lower sitting around waiting their turn.)

I think by the time I'm done with those I'll be at 6 ARs including the one I'm building with/ for my brother. I think 6 may just be enough of one platform. Especially considering I never cared much for ARs in the first place prior to owning one. :rolleyes:

Sure was tempting though, even still.

Holy cats. And I thought I was the only one crazy enough to buy more lowers when I already had more than a few ARs and parts kits too. Guess they are addicting for all of us.

I even ended up getting a few of the US military storage cases, which hold up to 12 AR rifles and 24 magazines in a waterproof airtight container that folds open to a locking armory rack for field use. Nice for storage in a garage, spare room, workshop, or anywhere you need to keep the elements off the gear. In fact a friend of mine in Lebanon just told me he is going to sell off some of his ARs including a few of his military storage cases, so if any of you AR addicts are like me and need a few cases I can get you a good deal. They are also beneficial for hiding new acquisitions from the wife... :)

472-M4-M16-12-BLK__.jpg

Holy cats. And I thought I was the only one crazy enough to buy more lowers when I already had more than a few ARs and parts kits too. Guess they are addicting for all of us.

I even ended up getting a few of the US military storage cases, which hold up to 12 AR rifles and 24 magazines in a waterproof airtight container that folds open to a locking armory rack for field use. Nice for storage in a garage, spare room, workshop, or anywhere you need to keep the elements off the gear. In fact a friend of mine in Lebanon just told me he is going to sell off some of his ARs including a few of his military storage cases, so if any of you AR addicts are like me and need a few cases I can get you a good deal. They are also beneficial for hiding new acquisitions from the wife... :)

472-M4-M16-12-BLK__.jpg

How much does the case run for? This looks awesome!

How much does the case run for? This looks awesome!

Yeah, they are indeed awesome! I liked it so much when I first saw it that a few of us pitched in and purchased a big lot of them direct from a military base in Colorado. What I like best is that you can use them like a gun rack by separating the halves and storing them side-by-side or separately, or you can join them together with the locking latches and they become one indestructible crate which can be stored or shipped nearly anywhere in the world. They even have pressure relief valves built-in, which is a good thing as the air pressure differential was so great after they arrived here from Colorado that we could not pry them open until we released the pressure valves. They are made by Pelican-Hardigg, the Cadillac of the gun case world, and the original military cost is a little over $1,200 each when new (empty). I think we paid close to $300 each after having them shipped in from Colorado, but my friend would likely settle for $250 or so, since he is focused on raising funds for another project right now. You can PM me if interested and I will put you in touch.

Yep I think I gave that for my non blems a few months ago. I will say the only think I haven't liked about them is that their finish has a little more sheen to it than most companies.

I have noticed slightly different colors or finish textures on my Anderson (and also PSA, SAA, etc.) lowers over the years, whether they were blems or normal. Seems like each batch can be a little different in color and sheen, which never really bothered me unless I tried to mate them with an upper that was noticeably different. So I try to pair them up to get perfect matches, or order them in matched sets when possible, which is another benefit of having so many to select from. :) Edited by wileecoyote