I wanna try out this Bersa.

Can't help you with the 9MM but the 380 Thunders are great and I own 3 or them and it is my primary carry gun. I don't think you will be disappointing because Bersa  builds great weapons as far as i know. I'm sure you will get some replies to the 9mm's soon.

• Like 1

I have the .45 ACP version of that pistol.  The finish on the slide of the matte black models is nothing to write home about.  It shoots bullets where I aim it.  The controls (other than the mag release) are ambidextrous and easy to operate.  It is based on the Walther P-88.  The sights are compatible with SIG sights if you want to ever change them or add tritium sights.

I haven't had any problems with mine. The .45 version is about the same general size as a Glock 19.

If you like DA/SA and are on a budget then it should be a decent gun for you.

I also have the Bersa Thunder 380 and really like that little gun, even though I am not a big fan of that caliber in general.

Edited by JC57

I have one. Fun to shoot, I hit what I'm aiming at with it, and it feels good in the hand. I don't carry it though, because I don't want to have to remember to switch the decocker off if I have to every bring it into service. I prefer DA only semi-autos and revolvers for carry... no external safety/decocker.

I have two UCP45's. Accurate, reliable, and still trouble-free after approx. 750 rounds through each. It's one of my favorite compact 45's. I don't own the UC9, but I have shot them. Virtually identical to the UCP45, but with different recoil characteristics and a larger magazine capacity. I'm accustomed to the SA/DA action, so it's not a problem for me. Besides, the DA trigger pull is heavy enough that carrying it with the safety off is not a problem if that is a concern. The SA trigger reset is pretty sweet.

Also, keep in mind that the UC series has combat sights, not traditional 6 o'clock sights. Many times people complain about them shooting low... until they discover that they are using the wrong sight picture.

Edited by tartanphantom
I had a Thunder .380 years ago, it was fun to shoot and reliable. I couldn't sight it in though, the sight was so off when I adjusted it to center, I took soo much tension off the spring the rear sight blade flew off the first shot. Good luck on finding that tiny little thing. I ordered two more and lost another so I just left it off center so I wouldn't loose my last blade. It really felt good in the hand like the Walther PPK and I think they are cool looking guns.

I had a Thunder .380 years ago, it was fun to shoot and reliable. I couldn't sight it in though, the sight was so off when I adjusted it to center, I took soo much tension off the spring the rear sight blade flew off the first shot. Good luck on finding that tiny little thing. I ordered two more and lost another so I just left it off center so I wouldn't loose my last blade. It really felt good in the hand like the Walther PPK and I think they are cool looking guns.

That's a common complaint for those who change the original factory setting.  The cure is to put a small dab of blue loctite on the screw thread and then adjust.  When I shoot my Thunder .380, I don't bother looking at the sights because I practice at defensive, almost point blank distances.  I have hit some things out at 15-20 yards using the sights.  Probably dumb luck.

That's a common complaint for those who change the original factory setting.  The cure is to put a small dab of blue loctite on the screw thread and then adjust.  When I shoot my Thunder .380, I don't bother looking at the sights because I practice at defensive, almost point blank distances.  I have hit some things out at 15-20 yards using the sights.  Probably dumb luck.

I could actually get decent defensive accuracy without the blade in it, just kept the front sight in the middle and could keep all in a paper plate at 10 yards fairly fast.

Bersa is a good gun. Don't own one myself, but helped a friend of mine pick one out, taught her to shoot it. Shot it

myself & was pleased with how it shot. She did well with it also.

If you like it, go for it.

I've been by 3 of the Memphis gun shops this week. The only Bersas I've seen are the .380's. I fondled a CZ P07 this afternoon and now I'm re-thinking about my choice. It's not much more money at Bud's.

I've been by 3 of the Memphis gun shops this week. The only Bersas I've seen are the .380's. I fondled a CZ P07 this afternoon and now I'm re-thinking about my choice. It's not much more money at Bud's.

Just checked through Davidson's Gun Genie-- price for zip code 38053 (Millington)-- If you order a regular Bersa UC45 through Gun Genie you can pick it up at AJ's Gun Shop in Atoka for $515 total out-the-door price (including taxes and all fees). Of course, the drawback is that you can't actually put your hands on it beforehand, which may be important to you.

Not quite as cheap as Bud's price-wise, but Davidson's has an excellent lifetime replacement guarantee policy for ANY new gun bought through them, and they do back it up-- I know from firsthand experience.

just making it clear that I do NOT work for Davidson's and I am not connected to them in any way, other than being a very satisfied customer.

Note to moderators: if this post sounds too much like an advertisement, let me know and I will edit or delete it.

Edited by tartanphantom

I fondled a CZ Rami at Guns and Ammo this afternoon. Nice pistol, a little bit fat but as with all the sub compacts I'm interested in the grip is too short. The 14 round mag makes it right but it's a little too long for my liking and it's ugly as hell. My ideal carry is eluding me,

• 2 weeks later...

Still can"t find the Bersa in stock anywhere. I won't buy sight unseen. I did kinda like a Sig I fondled at Academy yesterday. The SP2022. It's bigger than I  want but it's way light unloaded. I hate that Academy has trigger locks on thier pistols. Makes it hard to get a proper feel for the thing.

Did you get the Bersa or CZ?

The Bersa. For not much more than I could have got it from Bud's considering I'd have to pay a transfer fee. The size is perfect, just what i hoped it would be. The  4.75 inch grip isn't so small that my pinky won't wrap around it  and the length at 6.5 inches is prefect IMO. Double action trigger pull isn't bad, way better than my PX4 and holds 13+1. It's what I think a compact should be. 4"  barreled guns are to big to be called compact in my opinion.

Edited by 94user

Get it.  I guarantee that if that superb pistol doesn't win your heart, I will personally feel bad about it.  :P

I fell in love near immediately after getting in my grubby little hands. I've done a bunch of internet research on this pistols including a visit to the Bersa forum. I saw you there !