Ok Question??? Yea me again!!

I notice ever so often someone pops up with a fishing question and just saw a killer GPS advertised so I guess I need to ask the question. How many folks here are anglers and how many folks here are Serious Anglers like the type that competes in Bass Tournaments????

Master Batter? Like Barry Bonds, Hank Aaron, etc? Ha ha.

I think he was referring to Master Baiter and no I was not referring to the Professional level. Just your average weekend Warriors that fish weekend local tournaments or bass fish for recreation?

I have always liked the joke, got a bit excited and fumble finger.

I used to fish a lot, did not care for the casting thing. more "limb line" and

"taut line". There was a group of 4 to 5 of us that would work 2 boats.

On Marrowbone creek heard the other boat having some words about

pull it in and the other guy saying "hell no".

Gun shot was next, when we got to them they were fighting

over weather to pull a BIG snapper into the boat.

They both swear the head was the size of a foot ball, the shot was from the guy

saying "hell no", he shot the line to keep the other guy from pulling it in a 12 foot "john boat".

We had a good laugh over it for a bit and went back to fishing.

I use to fish every weekend and every vacation day for years and almost cost me and my buddy our marriages. I found that tournaments were to much like work, and if I wanted to work I'd just go there instead of fishing. I found you could actually make a living going to work? Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he spends the rent money on boats, lures, motels, bait, beer, fuel, repairs, license...

I eventually found crappie fishing more relaxing and enjoyable compared to bass fishing. IMHO crappie taste better than bass and the action is usually better and limits are liberal. On those days when the testosterone levels were high, I'd relax in the boat trying for a lunker cat fish.

Ah, the good ole days!

Biggest fish.

Crappie: 2lb. 10 oz. (Three pounds was always my goal)

Bass: 9 lb. 7 oz. (Lake Fork, TX. with a shinner)

Striped Bass: 15 lbs.

Cat Fish: 25 lbs. (Mississippi River)

Bluegill: Much bigger than my hand

• Like 1

Always enjoyed fishing though I don't get to do it as much as I'd like these days.  I was a pretty serious catfisherman at one time.  Got pretty serious into the bass game at one time, though I never had any interest in tournament fishing.  When I get to fish these days it's either bream fishing with my 4 year old daughter or if I get time to go by myself it's smallies and trout. 

I fish a lot of tournaments. (Well I guess this year I've fished less since I'm temporarily boatless but I've still fished some and will fish several more) I enjoy it. I also like to crappie fish but honestly haven't been since my dad passed away. That was our thing and it ain't the same.

Ps: someone buy or trade me something for my Humminbird :)
  • 4 weeks later...

I fish every chance I get. I used to fish a few tournaments but not some much anymore. What kind of H bird?

I fish a lot of tournaments. (Well I guess this year I've fished less since I'm temporarily boatless but I've still fished some and will fish several more) I enjoy it. I also like to crappie fish but honestly haven't been since my dad passed away. That was our thing and it ain't the same.

Ps: someone buy or trade me something for my Humminbird :)