Teen Posed As Gun Buyer To Rob Sellers

I'm just glad someone shut him down before he ended up killing someone. i never let the buyer pick the place for the transaction. it takes place on my turf and I am always aware of the surroundings. I also watch the way the buyer is acting and I am always ready to react with my carry weapon and on many if not most of the times I have done deals I have a friend that is also armed go with me. Any time large sums of money or firearms sales are taking place everyone needs to stay crisp...............jmho

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 5

I'm just glad someone shut him down before he ended up killing someone. i never let the buyer pick  the place for the transaction. it takes place my my turf and I am always aware of the surroundings. I also watch the way the buyer is acting and I am always ready to react with my carry weapon and on many if not most of the times I have a friend that is also armed go with me. Any time large sums of money or firearms sales are taking place everyone needs to stay crisp...............jmho

best way to do it! 

Who doesn't go to a gun sale with a carry gun? How long did he think that idea would last…. 

stupidity hurts

Most crooks always go to the well once to often and this is the outcome most times..................jmho

Who doesn't go to a gun sale with a carry gun? How long did he think that idea would last…. 

stupidity hurts

I wastnt armed when I bought your lower. Then again, I always try to pick a public spot. 

Edited by RC3
Having done my share of craigslist deals I'm shocked by some people. It's almost like they want to be victims. I've had to explain to several people that I didn't want to meet at their house because it just wasn't safe for either of us.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with TGO members, I use the itrader to gauge the proper level of paranoia when meeting with you guys. ;)
  • Like 1

Having done my share of craigslist deals I'm shocked by some people. It's almost like they want to be victims. I've had to explain to several people that I didn't want to meet at their house because it just wasn't safe for either of us.

I've had nothing but positive experiences with TGO members, I use the itrader to gauge the proper level of paranoia when meeting with you guys. ;)

Yes, I always check profiles, dates of joining, post counts, topics, and just general attitudes for all of us as well.

Paranoia? Well...maybe. But just think about it. Would you like to go to a location and meet someone you don't know that is 99% likely to be armed and not at least attempt to check them out in some fashion?

I mean come on guys. This is a recipe for disaster. At least one guy armed with a loaded weapon and another with cash.

We are pretty damn lucky that more of this crap doesn't happen.

• Like 2

I'm armed when I do any deal involving strangers, you just never know.

I am as well. I also offer to ride shotgun with any of my friends if I know they are going to a deal. Even if they are armed, a second set of eyes, more than one armed person, and also the hopes that if anyone was froggy, that they may change their mind. I feel a little less paranoid meeting anyone on here, but I don't do anything extra when going to any meet because I stay armed. Just hope I never have to say "Whew, thank God I had it". Stay safe my friends.

• Like 2
I had this guy contact me about the Kahr I had for sale. Wanted me to come to his house because his car was in the shop. Spidey sense went off by the way he keep offering more money for my trouble and kept coming up with reasons he couldnt meet in a public place. Sure glad I followed my gut on this one. Hope the little bastard gets put under the jail. He contacted me thru Armslist under the name John Bowen. I called Metro and ledt my info and was told a detective would be contacting me.
I always insist on a phone call, if they will not call I will not meet. Then I write the number on my palm as I am going to meet. And before I get out I drive by their car and write down the license plate on my hand as well. And I ALWAYS carry a firearm and so does the person who is with me. As far as he meeting place I use Walmart. Walmart has more cameras than probably any other place on earth and they are everywhere.
  • Like 1
[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1149362" timestamp="1400212544"]I always insist on a phone call, if they will not call I will not meet. Then I write the number on my palm as I am going to meet. And before I get out I drive by their car and write down the license plate on my hand as well. And I ALWAYS carry a firearm and so does the person who is with me. As far as he meeting place I use Walmart. Walmart has more cameras than probably any other place on earth and they are everywhere.[/quote] Pretty much this. I don't let people come to my house, and I dang sure will never be caught meeting someone at theirs. I've done several deals with different TGO members and they've all been great deals, and great guys. But...it never fails when I have something in the classifieds I'll get a PM from a member with 1 post, or zero posts. I'm sorry, not happening. You may be a great fella, and there may be people on here with numerous posts that are up to no good, but I like seeing some posts from the person I'm dealing with beforehand :wave:
Guest Lowbuster

I always insist on a phone call, if they will not call I will not meet. Then I write the number on my palm as I am going to meet. And before I get out I drive by their car and write down the license plate on my hand as well. And I ALWAYS carry a firearm and so does the person who is with me. As far as he meeting place I use Walmart. Walmart has more cameras than probably any other place on earth and they are everywhere.

Lowes has cameras that can zoom in on a pack of cigarettes on a dash and read the label.
Just an alternative if you wish.
I’d be curious to hear what happened, I bet alcohol or a weapon malfunction was involved. You can have all the guns on you that you want, but if a person knows they are going to rob you at gunpoint; it would be a pretty easy task for most people.

I am as well. I also offer to ride shotgun with any of my friends if I know they are going to a deal. Even if they are armed, a second set of eyes, more than one armed person, and also the hopes that if anyone was froggy, that they may change their mind. I feel a little less paranoid meeting anyone on here, but I don't do anything extra when going to any meet because I stay armed. Just hope I never have to say "Whew, thank God I had it". Stay safe my friends.

I have road shotgun on several occasions when one of my friends was doing a firearms deal with a Craigslist person. I read several of the emails the two had back and forth and the guy just seemed far to excited about being able to meet my buddy and buy a gun from him. I figured it was one of two things. A sting operation which would have failed because the buddy I was backing up is a Sumner County Deputy and to there was going to be all ID's check and HCP produced or there would be no deal. Meeting was Academy Sports parking lot at Rivergate and we were early and standing beside his pickup when the guy drove up and  slowed down but didn't stop. Looked at us and drove away. He told my buddy what he would be driving so we know it was him. My buddy got his tag number and ran it and they has exchanged first names in the emails and the truck came back stolen. It was gonna be a bad day for someone that day had Bobby not had me along riding shotgun. The guy was not expecting to see two people I don't think  but driving a stolen truck told us what we needed to know.......................

• Like 1
[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1149290" timestamp="1400202552"]Having done my share of craigslist deals I'm shocked by some people. It's almost like they want to be victims. I've had to explain to several people that I didn't want to meet at their house because it just wasn't safe for either of us. [/quote] I hate blaming the victim but folks need to be smart. A few years back I was buying a toddler playset off a Craigslist type site. The girl had me come over to her house to take a look at it and do the transaction. During our emails back and forth she divulged that her husband was deployed and she was by herself with the two kids. I could have been anyone. Maybe she had a neighbor or something on over watch, but still not smart to let strangers know all that stuff. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have road shotgun on several occasions when one of my friends was doing a firearms deal with a Craigslist person. I read several of the emails the two had back and forth and the guy just seemed far to excited about being able to meet my buddy and buy a gun from him. I figured it was one of two things. A sting operation which would have failed because the buddy I was backing up is a Sumner County Deputy and to there was going to be all ID's check and HCP produced or there would be no deal. Meeting was Academy Sports parking lot at Rivergate and we were early and standing beside his pickup when the guy drove up and  slowed down but didn't stop. Looked at us and drove away. He told my buddy what he would be driving so we know it was him. My buddy got his tag number and ran it and they has exchanged first names in the emails and the truck came back stolen. It was gonna be a bad day for someone that day had Bobby not had me along riding shotgun. The guy was not expecting to see two people I don't think  but driving a stolen truck told us what we needed to know.......................

Perfect example of what I was talking about. It doesn't even have to be firearms related for me to offer to ride shotgun. These idiots nowadays will shoot you for a video game player! Glad it went well for y'all!