KAHR 45

I think all MFGs should pay for shipping both ways if under warranty,Kahr has been known to be from Assholian

on these issues ..I,,,

So is Beretta.

Though my Kahr PM9 has been for all practical purposes 100% since first round, I do acknowledge that they likely have a higher % of problematic ones than many of the other big companies.

Part of that though is simply the miniaturization ..  the smaller you go the closer the margin on tolerances between success and failure, and I think you'll find a higher malf rate among small guns vs full sized ones in general. Indeed, it's the only firearm I own that I clean every time I fire it, and sometimes lubed in between if it's resided in pocket for good long while.

Anyway, even if mine had had any probs, assuming they were rectified, would still be carrying it, as there's just not anything smaller I can comfortably pocket carry with same caliber/capability, smooth trigger, etc. Also, and have never understood exactly why, but this little heater doesn't have the least bit of objectionable recoil, something I can't say for some other small 9mm offerings, not to mention even some .380s.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I know each to his own, I can respect that.  My litmus test for "handguns" has always been, is it used by real professionals, LEO, Federal, Military, etc.  If yes, then its good for me, if not, probably not good for me.  I am sure Kahr is good, but it is not me, plus the Moon thing really gets me!  You do know that Kahr's CEO's wife is the model in the Kahr's ads don't you:

http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?p=41117

http://childrenofsunmyungmoon.blogspot.com/2009/07/sexy-guns-sold-by-moons-son-kook-jin.html

kahrwife_zps012439ea.jpg

• Like 1

Yea Kahrs CEO is OUT THERE a bit lol...Plenty of Kahrs are 100% reliable ,my PM9 has been 100% but I knew it was a risk

Reviews at the time were so so but id say in the last 2 years Kahrs have been on an upswing and got his stuff together

Not sure if LEOs carry any as BUGs but I heard regulations limit their choices but my litmus test is if it works for me

and I like it I own it and so far this low priced 45 has been stellar