Glock Issue

Refleks

Took my G26 Gen4 out to the range again.

I've fired about 250-300 rounds without issue. It was stripped and cleaned after my first range trip (after about 100 rounds) and most of the second range trip where I fired the rest of the rounds went fine, but something happened a few times that had me puzzled.

After every shot I would slowly let up on the trigger until I felt the reset, then fired the next round from there. Several times however, as I was letting off the trigger slowly, I felt the slide go into battery maybe 1/4th of an inch as if it didn't go into battery properly after the last shot.

I could not reproduce it on command, and it would only happen intermittently maybe in the last 100 rounds or so. Sometimes once on a magazine, sometimes 2-3 times in a row. It didn't seem specific to one magazine. I was shooting a variety of ammo, including regular FMJ, JHP, standard pressure, +P+, etc (all factory loads) and didn't seem specific to one ammo type.

I thought it was weird, and twice I pulled the trigger and heard a "click". After ejecting the round, I saw that there was a light primer strike, as if it had tried to fire slightly out of battery. Thankfully the rounds didn't go off, and I tried the rounds again ensuring the slide was fully in battery and they fired fine this time.

Anyone encounter something similar?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Similar...does it have ghost springs inside? I got light hits as well as an odd lock up feeling after a trigger connector bar and reduced springs. I yanked all but the bar out of mine and went stock. This was on a g34
  • 2 weeks later...
Does this gun have any aftermarket finish to it? Had a 19 that had the NiB finish on the slide that caused some odd problems until about 500 rounds. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I usually fire federal 115 gr FMJ value packs and I cycled in a few dozen rounds of HST.

No aftermarket finish. Apparently after I cleaned it the first time I oiled it too lightly?  The gentleman at the range added some more of the copper grease and it seemed to fix the problem.  He recommended I didn't clean it for a little bit to let it break in.

Edited by Refleks
Guest TNIIIer
Its a Glock! The issue of not enough lube is NOT the problem.. Maybe recoil spring?? I'm sure under lube isn't your problem. I treat my 19 like a lil resheaded step-child, still hasn't given me a single prob. Gen 3 though...
I generally don't lube any part of my glocks except for a drop on the connector where it engages the striker lug (smooths the trigger)... However, since Gen 4 has a metal guide rod, I would spread a drop or two on the recoil assembly. Any metal-to-metal contact benefits from some lubrication. That may not be your problem, just a suggestion... I always lube metal guide rods.

I have the two piece metal recoil spring assembly but my guide rod is plastic (at least the part that sticks out under the barrel when the slide is locked back. Is it supposed to be metal on the Gen 4?

I have the two piece metal recoil spring assembly but my guide rod is plastic (at least the part that sticks out under the barrel when the slide is locked back. Is it supposed to be metal on the Gen 4?

No, that sounds like the right RSA. Glock does not recommend oil on it. Honestly, it proabbly is not seating correctly.

Took my G26 Gen4 out to the range again.

I've fired about 250-300 rounds without issue. It was stripped and cleaned after my first range trip (after about 100 rounds) and most of the second range trip where I fired the rest of the rounds went fine, but something happened a few times that had me puzzled.

After every shot I would slowly let up on the trigger until I felt the reset, then fired the next round from there. Several times however, as I was letting off the trigger slowly, I felt the slide go into battery maybe 1/4th of an inch as if it didn't go into battery properly after the last shot.

I could not reproduce it on command, and it would only happen intermittently maybe in the last 100 rounds or so. Sometimes once on a magazine, sometimes 2-3 times in a row. It didn't seem specific to one magazine. I was shooting a variety of ammo, including regular FMJ, JHP, standard pressure, +P+, etc (all factory loads) and didn't seem specific to one ammo type.

I thought it was weird, and twice I pulled the trigger and heard a "click". After ejecting the round, I saw that there was a light primer strike, as if it had tried to fire slightly out of battery. Thankfully the rounds didn't go off, and I tried the rounds again ensuring the slide was fully in battery and they fired fine this time.

Anyone encounter something similar?

With a lighter recoil spring (competition guns) this can happen because the trigger bar is holding the slide back a little and is one of the clues that you need a new spring.  I haven't heard of it with a factory spring setup.