"fat people carry" reccomendations

Guest unreconstructed1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sermon8r

I am 6'4" 335# and found the MTAC and UBG IWB holsters work well.

I carry a G-30 and 3" 1911 IWB

the thing is the shorter the barrel the more comfortable it is.

Guest TheBulldog
Unrecontructed,

We're making fun of High Points because its a taboo thing. I'm sure your cordless drill goes bang every time but thats not entirely the point to us. Its the fact that "its a highpoint." Its one of the ugliest pistols on the planet with some of the cheapest made parts available. Anywhere you go shooters are going to make fun of it. Its not a personal stab... we just like to get giggles off of it. :rolleyes:

Just for kicks and giggles a friend of mine and i pitched in for a high point once...brand new... the only goal we had was to blow it up. We did... and it was beautiful.

Well, Highpoint, Glock, Same Junk!

Recommendations?

nectarine-salad-ck-1646462-l.jpg

twisting_sit_ups.jpg

jogging.jpg

mountain_biking_2.jpg

2414588403_81923900cd_o.jpg

Other than those items, the Hi Point you are carrying is a frickin brick. Sell it and buy a gun a little more conducive to being carried. A compact 9mm or 40SW from one of countless manufacturers would be a much better choice than something roughly the size of a framing hammer.

You should also invest in a better holster with a leather sweat-guard (flap) on the back that will keep the slide of the gun from digging into your Ho Ho roll. This will make it a little more comfortable until you shrink some more.

And really, if bending over or sitting down or anything else like that is presently uncomfortable while you are wearing your gun, your gun is trying to tell you something. *Hint* It's not that you need to kill that tub of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer.

Good luck, from one former fatty to another. It's hard work dropping weight but you and me are roughly the same height and my life changed dramatically once I lost about 50 lbs. Hell, losing an inch of flab in your abdomen is like getting a free willie extension. How can you possibly turn down an offer like that?

Likely the fattest member of TGO, I almost wet myself from laughing so hard.

Great post. And one I really should listen to.

• Administrator

There's a lot of truth in it. I dropped about 50lbs myself then started to slip a little after my wife got pregnant. Lately I've started back on the morning routine of doing crunches and hitting the weights, and the dog and I are about to start hitting the streets every evening for a good long walk.

It's hard work losing weight, and not nearly proportional to how easy it was to get fat to begin with, but it's worth it.

I keep telling myself that nothing I eat will taste as good as being thinner feels.

Guest TheBulldog
any IWB holster is going to give a certain amount of irritation , its a compromise that being said i know of no holster right off the top of my head for the hipoint , if you have a holster you like now keep working with it or try a fanny pack , remember handuns arent supposed to be comfortable only comforting.

+1 Ha, well said!

There's a lot of truth in it. I dropped about 50lbs myself then started to slip a little after my wife got pregnant. Lately I've started back on the morning routine of doing crunches and hitting the weights, and the dog and I are about to start hitting the streets every evening for a good long walk.

It's hard work losing weight, and not nearly proportional to how easy it was to get fat to begin with, but it's worth it.

I keep telling myself that nothing I eat will taste as good as being thinner feels.

It's very hard, while not really fat, I by the standards that are set by scientific and medical nerds, I am "overweight", currently I am 5'8" (rounded up) and 174 lbs. I tried to cut out calories, but I couldn't lose much weight, and I was starving so I decided to start running. This was in July. I was at 183-185lbs. I am eating normally and have been running, 2-3 times per week, 2-3 miles per run. I ran my first 5K Saturday. I have lost about 10 lbs and about 1 1/2" in my waist, my belly has gotten smaller, noticably, as well, which is the most notable fat area for me. I want to get down to where I am in the 165-168lb range when it is all said and done, and maintain that. I also have to watch my BP, cholesterol and other heart related issues due to my parents screwing it up! I have been told, get your heart rate up through excercise for 30 minutes, that will help with weight.

Actually, Tungsten, it is better to work out in the evening though I find I don't have time if I want to play with the kids until late (8 or 9) and then it isn't easy to get to sleep.

I was lucky, I was up at the school 3-4 times per week for my kid's soccer practices so I would run. The cross country team trains on a "track" around the sports fields and is a half mile. If I was not able to do that, I would run at night, after 9pm, after the kids got to bed...Not my favorite time to run. In the mornings are impossible unless I were to get up at 4am, and that is NOT going to happen. I already hate mornings, I don't need anything else to help out!

Guest justaman30

I feel your pain brother, 5'10", and .... lbs. IWB is the way to go, and I carry a S&W Sigma 9mm. I am also working on losing weight for a more comfortable carry and a better life.