CCI 22 WMR Maxi-Mag @ Old Fort WM in M'boro

I just bought some CCI 22 WMR Maxi-Mag 40 gr. Total Metal Jacket about an hour ago in the Old Fort Parkway Wal-Mart in Murfreesboro. There was probably 8 to 10 boxes left on the shelf. These were $13.47 + 10 cents ammo fee, for a box of 50. These are 1875 FPS. There was also some 9mm Winchester in the white box, but I can't remember how much it was. There was about 8 to 10 boxes of it on the shelf. I doubt if it'll be there too long tomorrow.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought some CCI 22 WMR Maxi-Mag 40 gr. Total Metal Jacket about an hour ago in the Old Fort Parkway Wal-Mart in Murfreesboro. There was probably 8 to 10 boxes left on the shelf. These were $13.47 + 10 cents ammo fee, for a box of 50. These are 1875 FPS. There was also some 9mm Winchester in the white box, but I can't remember how much it was. There was about 8 to 10 boxes of it on the shelf. I doubt if it'll be there too long tomorrow.

Good find but, man, the price on .22WMR has gone up!  Not just the profiteer/reseller price but the normal, retail price.  Before the current shortage, one of the most expensive WMR loads, Remington Accu-tip (which is the load my Marlin 925M likes best) was right at $14 a box.  I think I paid just about $14 or $15 a box for the Gold Dot and Critical Defense WMR loads when they first came out - somewhere in that neighborhood, anyhow, and that was for premium, 'self-defense' ammo,  Maxi-mags ran somewhere around $10 a box at Wally and Dynapoint was roughly $8.  The other day my LGS owner told me that his distributor said he could get some of the Accu-tip stuff for him at a cost of about $19 per box (the store's cost, not retail.)

Edited by JAB