Talkin' about junk guns..............

The Lorcin threads reminded me of this.

About two years ago a Lady Friend of mine mentioned that she had a .38 snubbie, but had never fired it. She asked me if I might give her a few lessons and take her to the range. Naturally, I said yes. Told her to come to my house, bring her gun and I would teach her the basics before going to the range. 

When the appointed day came, she showed up with this.

100_0897.jpg

:stunned:   :squint:   :puke:  :wall:   :censored:  :huh:

I really hated to hurt her feelings, but I sure couldn't let her shoot that thing either. To further complicate matters, she unfortunately lived in rather unfavorable area. So I did the only thing I could do. I traded her a well used, but perfectly servicable S&W Model 10 I had for her Unfired, NIB collectors item. I think it was one of the best trades I ever made.  ;)

BTW: she turned out to be a quick study and did quite well with the Model 10.  :up:

• Like 1

Learned something new today.  Since I am not a wheel man, I didn't know anything about a RG Revolver.  Just googled, wow!  1st, I didn't know this was the type of gun used to shoot Reagan.  Didn't know there is a case law based upon this gun, and then there is the news of these things simply blowing up, i.e. one gun blew up with 22 shorts.  I sure didn't think anything was worse than a Lorcin until I read about these things.

This guys post on another forum is a plethora of knowledge:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/handguns/43842-rg-revolvers-good-gats-godawful-grenades.html

LOL! I loved his closing statement.

My dad has an RG10 in .22 that we get good laughs out of. He had a guy at Stones River range in the neighboring lane ask him to stop shooting it because of the lead/crap/partsofthegun it was spraying out the sides. I'm certain I'll "inherit" that some day.

He bought it when he was a poor college student back in the late 60's.

I'd never want to be near a grenade Rohm that shoots centerfire.

Edited by monkeylizard
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a RG that was give to me as well,

in double action, it miss fires regularly, however if you pull the hammer back with your thumb it fires every time.

I am holding it and waiting for one of those gun trade ins that give like 100 dollars cards or something crazy.  Might as well burn one of those places with it as I could never sell or give it to someone in good conscience.

• Like 1

Isn't that the same type gun that was used to kill Robert Kennedy also. he was shot with a 22 caliber Saturday Night Special too I think????? :shrug: :shrug:

ok I went and looked and here is what they said Sirhan used.

The Gun That Killed RFK:  .22 caliber Iver-Johnson Cadet revolver

Edited by bersaguy

Isn't that the same type gun that was used to kill Robert Kennedy also. he was shot with a 22 caliber Saturday Night Special too I think????? :shrug: :shrug:

ok I went and looked and here is what they said Sirhan used.

The Gun That Killed RFK:  .22 caliber Iver-Johnson Cadet revolver

You're thinking about Reagan. John Hinkley, Jr. used a Rohm RG-14.

Wish I had one of those to keep in the tackle box and shoot low pressure shot loads in for snakes.

I think I would give that a second thought!! from what i have read you have two things that may happen well actually 3. (1) The gun may shoot and may not. (2) the gun may blow up and (3) you might have gun blow up and still get snake bit...... :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 3
I was at an auction a couple of weeks ago and one of the 22 models sold for $55. I thought about bidding on it, but when I looked at it, I decided I'd be better off without it. Didn't know anything about these guns, but I've seen cap guns that looked up tighter than that thing did.