Rivergate Mall posted...well...kinda...

Guest tcampbell

Guest tcampbell

Rivergate Mall is now legally posted...kinda. That depends on where you enter the building. The food court entrance is posted, not sure about other entrances. The Sears entrance down from the food court is not posted and neither is the entrance from Sears into the mall itself. The code states that ALL entrances must be posted. I usually enter through Sears anyways, so, that is the way I will continue to go into the mall...only IF I have to go to the mall for something. Online shopping is looking better by the day :lol:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing to remember about malls, that each individual business could chose to ban carry in their business. If that is the case they would only have to post at the entrance(s) to their part.

Not sure if the food court is run separately, but it could just be the intention of the people the run the food court to ban carry in that area while the owners of the entire mall and other business have not chose to.

See AG Opinion 07-43 Question 3

• 2 months later...
Guest tcampbell

Well, I had to go to Sears today at Rivergate. Heard the entrance into the lot itself fron the Gallatin Road entrance was posted and it may be :D...but I entered by McDonalds and went in the mall parking area. I did not see any posting. There was not a posting on Sears entrance into the dwelling itself either. IF only the main entrances are posted, then they are still screwed up, as all entrances must be posted. Finished up my business and went on my merry way. I would never carry at Rivergate anyways as it appears they may be posted :)

I always assumed all the entrances used by people had to have legally worded signs to put you at risk for the max $500 fine. I am not a lawyer, but I do not think half the entrances would cut it. Also, you can always walk into a store entrance that may not have a sign and then go into the main walking part of the mall. The mall would just about have to throw up signs everywhere...which would look pretty distasteful and make people wonder, "What is wrong with this place...is it unsafe?".

• 3 weeks later...