Members who fade away..

Erik88

I think about Shannon frequently. I was going through some files on the web server a while back and found the picture of him with his 1911 in hand. I left it up on the screen, went to the wet bar to pour a glass of bourbon, came back and he and I just sat there and sipped it for a while.

Good dude. Miss him.

Speaking of missing good dudes, glad to see you back here! I mean that in the most hetero, Barney Stinson way, possible. ;)

nph-on-rarity.jpg Edited by molonlabetn
  • Like 1

One of the guys I always miss is Mouse Gunner, who passed away I think in 2011. I never met him, but I always enjoyed his posts, and his website was a great resource. I think someone took it over, but it doesn't look like it has seen much updating since his passing.

• Like 4
  • Administrator

One of the guys I always miss is Mouse Gunner, who passed away I think in 2011. I never met him, but I always enjoyed his posts, and his website was a great resource. I think someone took it over, but it doesn't look like it has seen much updating since his passing.

Yep... Mr. St.John was a good guy.

I liked Joe when he was running Hero Gear.  He always had interesting to say as an industry professional.  I know he's moved on to Battle mug I just don't see him on here as much.

Len was cool.  Always a voice of moderation and reason.

The Rabbi.  You have to bring his name up once in a while.  For those who did not know him, he did not fade away but simply crossed the line one day.  Did that "civil society" forum he started up ever take off?

• Like 1

I liked Joe when he was running Hero Gear. He always had interesting to say as an industry professional. I know he's moved on to Battle mug I just don't see him on here as much.

Len was cool. Always a voice of moderation and reason.

The Rabbi. You have to bring his name up once in a while. For those who did not know him, he did not fade away but simply crossed the line one day. Did that "civil society" forum he started up ever take off?

I for one am just glad Rabbi isn't here anymore.

There are lots i miss seeing post from the old days, most have been mentioned here already though.

Folks say they drift away because the forum "changed" and I say that forums change because vocal, frequent contributors drift away and are replaced by new, different, vocal frequent contributors.  When the guard changes by natural attrition, the forum changes.  That's only a bad thing if the new guard is made up of complete a-holes.

Hey!  Somebody call me?

• Like 3