Places to Fish in Murfreesboro

babelt

I will be in Murfreesboro next week for a conference and will have some free time while I am there. Where are some of the good fishing spots? Won't have a boat so some place that is closer to town with good bank fishing access. I was doing a little research and I saw something called the Greenway but couldn't find it on a map. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind driving a little bit there are plenty of places to fish on Priest from the bank. The Greenway runs through Murfreesboro and by the river. If you google Murfreesboro Greenway you can find a map. I Fish the stones around the greenway but in a kayak or my John boat, never had much luck from the bank unless I am fishing a few areas on Priest. I don't mind sharing locations if you want to look into fishing them. Right now I can give you a location or two you can catch crappie from the bank.

A little drive north to Smyrna and you can fish in the park near where Stones river dumps in Percy Priest Lake. They stocked a bunch of Trout in there back in March but don't know how many will still be there. It's a good place to catch a few Bass and maybe some Crappie.  You can follow the signs towards Fate Sanders Marina in Smyrna and fish around the Marina also..........Good luck and good fishing

Checkout the stones river below the dam @ Walter Hill. If you drive down Jefferson Pike toward Smyrna there are a couple pull offs to the left hand side of the road where you can wet a line in privacy. You can also go a few more miles and hit the Mona boat ramp area. Light color rooster tails will net you a few varieties of fish this time of year. If you go to the Greenway off Medical Center Parkway you may be distracted by the girls jogging in sports bras but that's a hell of a dilemma!
[quote name="Woody" post="87" timestamp="1169335842"]Hello. I found a link to this site on Glocktalk. I look forward to seeing what this site becomes. Woody[/quote] Well I didn't see this one yesterday or I would have been at the green way ;). I ended up at the west fork boat ramp and around the nice mill dam. Didn't catch anything but same a 4 foot alligator gar at nice mill. Unfortunately it turned off cold today so it looks to be the end of my fishing on my trip. I was talking with some older gentleman at the boat ramp and one of them showed me some pictures of some small and large mouth he caught over the last few days, I promptly call the little lady and told her if she every wanted to move over this way I would be all for it but I would have get a boat out of the deal lol Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I am sorry BaBelt. You sent me a message and I have been busy and forgot all about it. I started working a part time job at night last week and I am a little out of it. I know with the weather today fishing will be rough for the next few days. I wanted to fish Priest tomorrow afternoon since I don't work the part time job but I don't think I will waist my time with it. Right now you could probably go into spring creek and catch yellow bass, hybrids and crappie from the bank.