mass school stabbing in PA

Sam1

Didn't know anyone still watched cnn. just kidding

PA has one of those silly knife laws already. I grew up there and it's very limited on what you can have. The laws are useless imo, you can inflict a mortal wound with a 1/4 in blade so limits are useless. Prayers to the injured and family members. 

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/09/suspect-in-custody-after-reports-multiple-stabbings-at-pennsylvania-school/

Evidently the bad guys don't just use those nasty old guns...

From the article:

Twenty students were wounded — four seriously — at a high school near Pittsburgh and one person is in custody early Wednesday, emergency officials say.

CNN is reporting 20 wounded suspect cuffed by school resource officer.
Side note
if it was up to politicians, their security method would be posting a cardboard standup of Danny trejo holding a machete at the front door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 1

CNN is reporting 20 wounded suspect cuffed by school resource officer.
Side note
if it was up to politicians, their security method would be posting a cardboard standup of Danny trejo holding a machete at the front door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

No, even that image is too scary. Remember, Machete Kills.......
Seems someone has already used this crime involving a crazy with a knife to attack guns...

"But I'm just glad it wasn't a shooter, because if it had been a shooter, there would have been fatalities," Cook, whose children attended the school, told FoxNews.com.

Praying for the kids and families for full recovery. Edited by Batman

Seems someone has already used this crime involving a crazy with a knife to attack guns...
"But I'm just glad it wasn't a shooter, because if it had been a shooter, there would have been fatalities," Cook, whose children attended the school, told FoxNews.com.
Praying for the kids and families for full recovery.

Thankfully this attacker was not aware of the dozens he could have killed by driving a large SUV through a school playground, sporting event, assembly, or bus stop.
  • Like 1

Very true Randall53. It's not the weapon, it's the person and if they want to do harm to others they will find a way to do it. There have been many people killed in this country with weapons other than guns for many many years. There has also been many of these evil people stopped by a person with a gun but those good actions are seldom ever reported................jmho

Praying for the kids and families for full recovery.

We can say what we want, but he's right.  If this guy used a gun, there probably would have been fatalities.  That's why I don't like the pro-gun side using the argument that they will just go to knives.  It doesn't equate.  yes, there is the possibility to kill with a knife, we all know that, but the potential for fatalities in such a situation like this is much higher with a gun, like it or not.

I don't believe in gun control, but I also accept the fact that it means there is the potential some lives will be lost to crazy people.  There will never be a utopia, so everyone can't have it all ways.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

I popped the thread up in the "Hive", so confused these days on where to post...

Yeah me too ...

Anyway, I haven't heard one reporter actually ask what kind/length of knives the guy used. Surely an "assault knife" moniker will arise out of this?

- OS

• Like 2

Thankfully this attacker was not aware of the dozens he could have killed by driving a large SUV through a school playground, sporting event, assembly, or bus stop.

.............. But its so much fun in GTA. We must ban games and large assault vehicles.

.............. But its so much fun in GTA. We must ban games and large assault vehicles.

While true, I feel bad that I brought that up. There is a news report coming out right now that someone in Florida has crashed into a daycare center. One known fatality, I hope it is not intentional.
  • Admin Team

Kitchen knives are the tool of choice in the vast majority of crimes committed with knives. As far as knives go, some of them are likely a lot more effective than anything you're going to carry in your pocket (that jumbo folder Mac's got notwithstanding :) )

• Like 1

While true, I feel bad that I brought that up. There is a news report coming out right now that someone in Florida has crashed into a daycare center. One known fatality, I hope it is not intentional.

Thats what I was going to originally say, but decided not to. There was also an incident in spring hill where a man had a heart attack and ran someone over. Not best thing to joke or make jokes off.