advice on a scope

Guest Boonie

Guest Boonie

i will be buying a scope for my 10 22 shortley and need to know what to look for. i really dont want to spend a lot of money for one, so what would be the best all around scope for one. i will be mostely useing it for target shooting. any thoughts.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up one at Wal Mart a couple months ago. It is a Tasco and I think I just gave about $30 for it. It seems to do everything I would want it to do. I'm hitting on taget out to 50 yards with it. Haven't tried it any farther out. I just got it for plinking. My eyes just won't get the job done anymore.

Guest gcrookston

If I remember correctly, I think I paid about $60.00 for this one about 10 years ago. Optics are one of the few places where you really get what you pay for.

You have to consider the application. I bought this gun to take care of an Armadillo problem when I lived in Louisiana. The last time I used it was to shoot a skunk about 10 years ago. I shot a couple of matches out at Clarks with it, but it couldn't hold a candle to my Marlin 39a with Lyman Ring and Peep.

As I recall, this model will hold zero as you shift for 3x to 9x. Some of the cheap variables don't do this. It does have a little parallax, but consistant cheak placement helps mitigate this.

Guest Boonie

i didn't relize they made so many different scopes. i think i will go with the bushnell .22 rimfire scope. now were is the best place to buy one.

Edited by Boonie
Guest Todd@CIS

Simmons is a great scope for the money. Spend a little extra on one and get a better scope than a Tasco or Bushnell.

Bushnells aren't bad cheapees, but I've had nothing but problems from Tascrap.

Guest Boonie

well i may have screwed up but i went to walley world and was looking around and seen a scope called center point optics and though what the crap i would give them a try. so far i like the model i have it is an ar22 and has the different color mil-dot cross. it is clear and is a 4-9x32 came with lens covers and a cleaning cloth and came with dove tail mounts. the mounts set up a little high but i can deal with that for now. i will be trying the scope out this weekend and see how it does. i did do some resherch and found out the scope is made by leapers. and also found some people on the net says the scopes work great for the money.