Another Stolen Valor case here in TN

I had intended to post this in Current Events and Politics, but precedence has been set by another thread concerning Stolen Valor. This case takes place here in Cleveland.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=41808&cpage=1#comment-1207133

http://clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/24853649/article-Candidate-E-J--Laughter-s--military-claims-challenged?instance=homesecondleft

I have an EOD buddy and he states the whole community is in an uproar and the "appropriate authorities" have been notified and are looking into it.  

Edited by buck1032
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think there is a law someplace that covers official misrepresentation. I think a parameter is if he falsifies a dd 214 w bs creds or honors while seeking employment,education, or financial gain there would be a violation of that law. dont hold me to it.If he was active duty and falsified awards hed get nailed under ucmj. If hes wearing bogus awards to say pickup women online or at a bar  all one can really do is embarrass him or debunk him, used to be able to use identiseal and veriseal for that... 

Edited by Dustbuster
Guest PapaB

I served four years in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

Laughter’s record from the U.S. Navy shows his initial induction into Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill., Dec. 14, 2009, and being detached from his last duty station Sept. 5, 2012, which is a total of 33 months...

The poor guy seems to suffer from an undiagnosed disability. He's allergic to the truth. I recommend electro-shock treatment as an ongoing treatment.

Seriously, this guy is not only dishonest, he's an idiot to think people won't check up on his background. There's already an excess of lying fools in politics, let's hope the voters don't make room for one more.

Edited by PapaB

I had intended to post this in Current Events and Politics, but precedence has been set by another thread concerning Stolen Valor. This case takes place here in Cleveland.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=41808&cpage=1#comment-1207133

http://clevelandbanner.com/view/full_story/24853649/article-Candidate-E-J--Laughter-s--military-claims-challenged?instance=homesecondleft

I have an EOD buddy and he states the whole community is in an uproar and the "appropriate authorities" have been notified and are looking into it.  

Buck 1032, I left a message for you at the first link you posted. I'm an old "airdale" too. Was aboard the USS Oriskany CVA-34, with VF-162, for three deployments into the Tonkin Gulf (Viet Nam) in the early to mid 60s. Knew lots of ADRs and ADJs, over the years. I just thought I probably should have PM'd you. Sorry for the thread trashing. Sounds like this guy, Laughter, is John Kerry's first cousin! Remember, how Kerry claimed medals he didn't have...and look where he is today! Hope they nail this guy to the wall of the brig. I'd enjoy hearing from you to discuss old times.

Buck 1032, I left a message for you at the first link you posted. I'm an old "airdale" too. Was aboard the USS Oriskany CVA-34, with VF-162, for three deployments into the Tonkin Gulf (Viet Nam) in the early to mid 60s. Knew lots of ADRs and ADJs, over the years. I just thought I probably should have PM'd you. Sorry for the thread trashing. Sounds like this guy, Laughter, is John Kerry's first cousin! Remember, how Kerry claimed medals he didn't have...and look where he is today! Hope they nail this guy to the wall of the brig. I'd enjoy hearing from you to discuss old times.

You didn't do any thread thrashing. I just popped over and read it. I guess there is some confusion, when I mentioned NAM as my highest award I was referring to Navy Achievement Medal. So I was an AD, not R or J, as when I joined in 85 the R's and J's were combined into the standard AD rating. I tried to go fixed wing for a while but I got bottle necked into helo's after my first tour. My commands were HS-14, HSL-43, HSL-37, SERE, HS-8 and HMT-303. I deployed onboard the USS Ranger CV-61 twice, USS Lake Champlain CG-57, USS Crommelin FFG-37 twice, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74 twice and the USS Carl Vinson CVN-70. So my old times are a bit earlier   later than yours, but if you want shoot me a PM here and we can connect and tell some sea tales. LOL

Edited by buck1032