Pirates die strangely after taking Iranian ship...

creeky

Can't help but wonder what the Iranians picked up in China and was hauling back. Doesn't sound to much like chemicals to me, more liek nuclear stuff.

LINK

Highlights from story....

Somali pirates suffered skin burns, lost hair and fell gravely ill “within days†of boarding the MV Iran Deyanat. Some of them died.

“We don’t know exactly how many, but the information that I am getting is that some of them had died. There is something very wrong about that ship.â€

The ship is owned and operated by the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines, or IRISL, a state-owned company run by the Iranian military. The ship set sail from Nanjing, China, at the end of July.

He told one news publication, The Long War Journal, that during the six days he had negotiated with the pirates, a number of them had become sick and died.

“That ship is unusual,†he was quoted as saying. “It is not carrying a normal shipment.â€

“Our sources say it contains chemicals, dangerous chemicals.â€

The pirates did reveal that they had tried to inspect the ship’s cargo containers when some of them fell sick — but the containers were locked.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just wild. That does definitely sound like nuclear stuff. I'm wondering how the original crew didn't kick the bucket if it's leaking out of the containers like that.

Guest Ghostrider
That is just wild. That does definitely sound like nuclear stuff. I'm wondering how the original crew didn't kick the bucket if it's leaking out of the containers like that.

Quite likely the pirates opened the containers.

The "book learning" isn't so big in Somalia and I'd imagine they couldn't read the warnings on the containers, so they opened 1 (or more) to see what was in them...

but I'm just guessing...